Indian Law Society’s Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA) (Esd.2016) announces the ARBITRATION WEEK 2019 from 15th February to 18th February 2019.
The Indian Law Society’s Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA), Pune has planned to organize a four days ‘Arbitration Week 2019’ at ILS Law College, Pune from 15thFebruary to 18th February 2019.
It involves an array of events aimed towards promoting and inculcating awareness abbot the need and advantages of Arbitration as an important mode of dispute resolution, amongst the students.
This event will finally witness presentations by 5 students from various law colleges across India, of their research on pre-specified topics. These students are selected through a rigorous screening process on the basis of submission of their research papers.
Call for Papers
The benefits of calling for Research Papers are multi fold:
Authors will be presenting their papers before the experts in the field.
Selected/Shortlisted authors will also have the opportunity of sharing the stage with the leading experts in field of arbitration and discuss the subject as a part of the panel in the Conference.
Selected Research Articles will be considered for Publication in the proposed ILSCA journal.
ILSCA hereby calls for submission of research papers, for endowing the student/faculty presenters with the above stated benefits.
Themes for research articles:
1. Arbitration in the Construction Industry: Recent Developments, Issues & Trends and Comparative Prospects with other Jurisdictions.
2. Investment Treaty Arbitration: Trade-off between State interest and Investor interests.
3. Maritime Arbitration: Issues, recent trends and Comparative prospects with other Jurisdictions.
4. Med-Arb: Vision v. Reality in India: Comparative Prospects with other Jurisdictions and any other sub theme in relation to the above theme.
5. Institutional Arbitration: Recent Developments, Issues & Trends and Comparative Prospects with other Jurisdictions.
The title of the Research Articles may not be constrained to the said sub-themes, however, the link to the Main Theme needs to be portrayed.
Rules for submission and selection procedure
- Abstracts of the original researched papers on any of the above mentioned themes are invited.
- On selection of a theme, please intimate the same by 5th December 2018 by email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is to avoid repetition of topic selection by several participants and give all participants a fair chance to be selected for conference presentation.
- If there is repetition of topics selected – we at the Centre will take a call on the basis of first come first served basis and intimate to the author accordingly.
- We will also inform the prospective authors – regarding availability of another topic for writing an abstract.
- The authors can accordingly can write an abstract and send it on or before 10th December 2018.
- Out of the received abstracts entries, 15 abstracts (3 from each theme) will be shortlisted and the selection will be intimated to the authors on 25th December 2018 -with a request to write the long article.
- Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full length paper on or before 25th January 2019.
- These 15 authors will have to make a paper presentation of their full papers, in person, before experts at ILS Law College on 15th February 2018.
- Finally, 5 papers of outstanding quality will be selected (i.e. 1 from each of the above mentioned topic) on 15th February 2018 who will have the privilege to present their paper in the conference along with the experts on the conference day on 16th February 2019.
Mode of submission
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
- Intending authors shall send an intimation of chosen theme by 12th December 2018 via email at email@example.com.
- The chosen theme will then be approved within 2 business days. The sooner the author chooses and intimates the desired theme; the more time the author will get to write the abstract.
- Intending Authors shall then send their Abstracts on the approved theme by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and send also send the hard copy to the address mentioned below.
Mrs. Sathya NarayanDirector, ILSCA, ILS Law College, Chiplunkar Road,
Number of Authors
- Research articles have to be authored individually only.
- Joint authorship will not be considered
- Abstract: less than 500 words
- Last date for submitting abstract online: 15th December 2018
Registration fee for submission of abstracts: Rs.300/- to be paid online.
The intending authors need to send in the payment confirmation receipt along with the soft copy of the abstract to email@example.com.
Guidelines for Long Articles
Research Article should be original and unpublished. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. If more than 20% plagiarised content is detected, the articles shall be discarded.
Deadline for submission of long articles is 25th January 2019.
Authors shall send their research articles by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and also send hard copy to the address provided below.
Mrs. Sathya Narayan, Director, ILSCA,
ILS Law College, Chiplunkar Road, Pune-411004
Minimum: 3000 words, Maximum: 5000 words
(Exclusive of Footnotes and Bibliography)
Format of the Abstract/Article
- File Type:Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
- Page Size: A4
- Orientation: Portrait
- Margin: Normal (2.54 cm on all sides)
- Alignment: Justified
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size (Main Body): 12
- Font Size (Footnotes): 10
- Line Spacing (Main Body): 1.5
- Line Spacing (Footnotes): 1.0
- Citation Format: Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
For a link to free PDF of OSCOLA: Click here. Additional reference for citations under OSCOLA is here.
Selected research articles shall be the property of ILSCA.
Selected research articles shall be considered for publication in the proposed ILSCA journal.
Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Deadline for intimating abstract theme: 5th December 2018
- Deadline for Submission of Abstract: 10th December 2018
- Notification of Selection: 25th December 2018
- Deadline for submission of Full Paper: 25th January 2019
- Date for Presentation:15th February 2019
- Date of National Conference: 16th February 2019
For further queries contact any of the following
Contact no: 020 25676866 between 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Mrs. Sathya Narayan, Director, ILSCA
- Ms. Anwita Dinkar, Research Associate, ILSCA
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.