The seminar with the theme and title “Women Empowerment in 21st century: Need to Focus on Gender Mainstreaming” will be conducted on 8th March 2019 at Anand Law College, Gujarat.
The seminar is aimed at analysing the progress achieved towards the Women Empowerment in particular & gender equality in general and also the road ahead in this regard apart from highlighting the challenges & hurdles and suggesting remedial measures in order to achieve women empowerment in India.
Objectives of the Seminar
The objectives of the seminar are as follows:
- To analyse the progress achieved towards the goal of women empowerment in India.
- To highlight the existing social legislation, government enactments & policies and gaps in their implementation.
- To highlight the importance of women empowerment in bringing gender equality, enhancing the social status of women and achieving the social and economic growth of the country.
- To identify the road blocks in the path of women empowerment and suggest remedial measures.
- To examine the role of various civic societies and NGOs working in the field of women empowerment.
With the mentioned aim and objectives, the sub themes of the seminar are as follows:
- Social and Political dimensions of the issue of Women Empowerment in India.
- Women Empowerment – The key to achieve Social & Economic growth of the country
- Social legislation, Government policies and enactments to achieve women empowerment.
- Attitude and biased perspective of society – a major hurdle in achieving women empowerment.
- Role of Judiciary in Empowering Women in India.
- Crimes against women- a blot on gender equality and women empowerment.
- Role of civic societies and NGOs in achieving women empowerment in India.
- Challenges and hurdles in the journey of women empowerment and suggested measures to overcome these hurdles.
- International women’s Day- its relevance in the Indian Perspective.
Above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive. The paper presenters may select the related topic covered under the main theme.
Seminar papers are invited from faculties, lawyers, social activists, research scholars and students on any sub thematic areas or it could be submitted on the main theme in general. All the papers will be submitted to the panel of editorial board to examine originality and contribution to academics. Every author has to submit an undertaking of its originality and no copyright violation.
Kindly send your abstract or full papers soft copy/electronic form only on following email id: [email protected]
Every paper presenter is required to submit an abstract of 350 words with keywords stating the Statement of problem, research questions, and methodology applied in the paper with major expected findings.
- Abstract Submission: 28th February, 2019
- Submission of Paper: 2nd March, 2019
- Confirmation: 5th March, 2019
- Registration Closes on: 28th February, 2019
- On the Spot Registration: 8th March, 2019
Email: [email protected]
Click here for the brochure and here for the registration form.