About the Organizer
Amity Law School, Gurgaon is a part of the Amity Education Group. The VISION of the Amity Law School is to strive to be an internationally recognized leader in socially relevant legal research and education in India and the Commonwealth States.
In pursuing its vision, the Amity Law School has as its mission, the creation and sustenance of a research-based academic environment that is grounded in values of social justice and excellence.
About the Competition
Amity Law School is organising 1st National Socio-Legal Short Film Making Competition 2019 in collaboration with National Commission for Women and Legal Bites. The objective of this initiative is to incite the passion in the youth for creating masterpieces to educate, entertain and motivate the society.
There are various socio-legal issues prevalent in the society which needs to be addressed. We come across so many literary sources i.e. articles, policy papers, commentaries, documentaries, etc. covering these issues. But most impactful out of all these sources is a visual representation of any issue. Impact of this lasts for long in our memory compared to other mediums.
“This Film-Making Competition would serve as a platform to ensure that the unheard stories of the women reach the world. It is an incentive to the young people to present the raw reality of the world through moving pictures.” – Chairperson, NCW
The theme of the Short Film: Socio-Legal
- Environment Protection
- Flying Prostitution
- Legalization of Marijuana
- Manual Scavenging
- Media and News Reporting
- Pornography and Juvenile Crimes
- Rights of the Third Gender
- Women Empowerment
- The Competition is open for all students or professionals pursuing/completed Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses from any recognised University across the country.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of 3 members and maximum 10.
- The Registration fee for the Competition is Rs. 2500 Per Team.
- Each film must be based on this year’s theme.
- All films must be made specifically for the 1st National Socio-Legal Short Film Making Competition 2019.
- This is a short film competition and hence ONLY Short Films should be submitted.
- DURATION: The films shall not be more than 5 (Five) minutes (300 seconds), including the beginning and end credits. Films exceeding this time limit are liable to be rejected. The minimum length should be 120 seconds including credits.
- COPYRIGHT: The Film must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless (1) Participants have a license to use such works in the Film; or (2) the use of such works is a fair one under the copyright laws. Entries containing any unauthorised content will be disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted online (including uploading of the short film and at least three still images from the film) to alshmoot2016[at]gmail.com by close of entries.
Registration Details and Fee
To Register and pay: CLICK HERE
Registration Fee: Rs. 2,500/-
- Release of Notification: 16th September 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 30th September 2019
- Submission Deadline: 11th November 2019
Deepanshu Rao: +91 96547 70494