The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is organizing the 4th edition of the prestigious Amity National Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2021 (Virtual), scheduled on 13th March 2021 and 14th March 2021.
Amity University, Uttar Pradesh a world-class bona fide University established by a State Act, recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with “A+” Grade, as a leading institution engaged in imparting higher education in various fields.
The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is pleased to announce the 4th edition of the prestigious Amity National Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2021 (Virtual), scheduled on 13th March 2021 and 14th March 2021. This event would be a great opportunity for all law students (Currently pursuing a five-year integrated course, three-year LLB or LLM) across the country.
This event is of great importance in the present scenario as in India there is a legal regime regulating Arbitration & Conciliation and it will help simulate transactional negotiations or mediation, as it involves diverse areas of law, including environmental, intellectual property, family law, etc.
It is a 2- day event that will consist of three sub-events namely Mediation Arbitration, Negotiation, and Client Counseling.
ADR encourages litigants to negotiate directly with each other prior to some other legal process that is very much like a courtroom process. It is an upcoming law arena devoted to preparing a generation of law professionals capable of facing future demands confidently.
It is a unique initiative and one of the best avenues worldwide where students can experience a medley of dispute resolution activities simultaneously. The main event comprised three sub-events which gives more subject specific and efficient control over the event and stipulated the knowledge station effectively.
- The Mediation Arbitration Competition: It is a hybrid of Mediation and Arbitration. Each team will consist of 2 participants. A neutral party is adopted for mediation and if failed the party must go for Arbitration.
- Negotiation Competition: Each team will consist of 2 participants one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
- Client Counseling Competition: Each team shall consist of 2 members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a Client-actor.
Subject Matter of the Competition
- Civil Law
- Contract Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Family Law
- Environmental Laws
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Any Other Ancillary Laws.
Note: The subject area is not limited to the above-mentioned domain of law.
The participants shall be students from any year/semester of the three or five-year LLB course or LLM from any Law Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Maximum two teams from each college are allowed to participate in each event.
It is mandatory for each college team to take part in all 3 above-mentioned events to be eligible for the ADR Tournament Prize.
- The registration fees have been waived off.
- It is mandatory for each team to fill the Each Event’s Registration Form.
- Negotiation simulations should be sent to the given email address with the subject “Negotiation stimulation by Team Code-**” on the specified dates.
- Email Address: adrsocietyalsn[at]gmail.com
- Mode of Payment will be online. Details will be out shortly.
- The competition is capped to the participation of 40 institutes across the nation. The Registration will be accepted on first-cum-first-serve basis.
Rules of the Competition
Detailed rules and format of each competition are given in the brochure. [Link at the end of this post]
|Last Date to fill the online Registration form |
|12th February 2021|
|Release of Negotiation Problem for |
|26th February 2021|
|Last date to seek clarification with respect to |
the Released Problem
|28th February 2021|
|Release of Clarifications of Negotiation |
|3rd March 2021|
|Last date for submission of the Negotiation |
|10th March 2021|
For any query Subject of the email to be sent will be “4th Amity National ADR Tournament Query” along with the details of their respective colleges.
Khuloos Aziz Chawla: +919810663044
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.