Amity Law School Lucknow’s National Seminar on “Right of Child & The Future of India: Don’t employ us, empower us.”
Amity Law School , Amity University Uttar Pradesh Lucknow Campus.
26th September 2016
- The proposed seminar will strike a fine balance between:
- Taking care of the protection of the children by their parents and;
- Taking extra care about the recognition of rights including legal, civil, cultural, economic rights independent of their parents.
- This seminar will focus on critical evaluation of the existing mechanism which has been put in place for the protection of children.
- As the children form the future of the country, this seminar aims at making effective child care structure after analysing the socio-economic factors which prompt then to come in conflict with law.
- This seminar will give voice to the children and enable them to feel safe by speaking for themselves and by reporting abuse, exploitation and injustice they are suffering from.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Academicians, Professionals and Students.
The Seminar will be divided into two interactive sessions/focused group discussions, each session shall have Chairman and Co-Chairman and key theme paper presentation by the participants.
SESSION 1: CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
a. Criminal Liabilities of Children & Juvenile Justice in India.
b. Recent Criminal Amendments relating to Juveniles.
c. Drug Addiction & Crimes.
d. A Critical Analysis of POCSO Act.
SESSION 2: CONSTITUTIONAL PROSPECTIVE OF RIGHTS OF CHILDREN: ISSUES & CHALLENGES
a. Child Rights Covered under Indian Constitution.
b. Rights of Child in Global Context.
c. Right to Education: 86th Indian Constitutional Amendment Act, 2002
d. Protection from Child Labour & Exploitation: Critical Examination.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSSION
- Abstract should not be more than 250 words and a maximum of 5 (five) relevant keywords.
- Full paper – 2500 words minimum excluding references and footnoting (Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition).
- Abstract & Full Paper is to be submitted as soft copy only in MS Word format (Typed in Times New Roman, 14 point Heading and 12 point normal text with 1.5 spacing & 10 point with 1.0 spacing for footnotes).
- A separate MS Word file should be submitted which contains the article title, followed by author’s name, affiliation, communication address, e-mail and phone details.
- A declaration waiving the copyright by author and stating that all submissions are original and bona fide work of the author.
- No part of the submitted paper should contain any form of identification of the author or any such information if found would lead to disqualification.
- Only 1 (one) co-author is permitted.
- All papers (abstract and full) must be submitted on firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject name: “NATIONAL SEMINAR, 2016- TITLE –AUTHOR’S NAME”.
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
- Certificate of participation/paper presentation will be issued to those who participate/present paper themselves.
- Those whose paper are accepted, but do not attend the seminar will not get the certificate.
- Last date of registration (Abstract & Author’s details via e-mail): 15th September, 2016 (23:59 hrs.)
- Last date for Full Paper Submission via e-mail: 22nd September, 2016 (23:59 hrs.)
Professional participants : ₨ 1500 /-
Students participants: ₨ 1000 /-
Amity University, Lucknow Campus: ₨ 800 /-
Registration fee can be submitted during on campus registration through cash or Demand Draft only.
Demand Draft should be in favour of “Amity University Uttar Pradesh” payable at Lucknow.
ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL
No accommodation or travel will be provided to any of the participants.
- Ms. Shashaya Mishra : +91 9454362378 email@example.com
- Mr. Abhishek Bhardwaj : +91 7376072211 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any further clarification: email@example.com