Amity Law School’s Essay Writing Competition 2012
The Theme of the competition is ‘Emerging Trends in Socio-Legal-Issues’.
The essay should depict/highlight the socio-legal issues emphasizing issues of social and legal importance , with special reference to India.
The participants may chose any one of the following areas for their essay:
- Industrialisation, Urbanisation and Land Acquisition Reforms
- Patent v. Patient: Making Medicines Affordable in the Developing World
- Bail or Jail: Unfettered Court Discretion
- Reservation in Promotion in Government Jobs: Contemporary Concern
- Industrialisation and Environmental Protection: Redefining Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Socio-economic Goals and Philosophy of the Constitution: A Review of Success and Failures
- Hate Speech and Sedition: Issues in Freedom of expression in India
The competition is open to both the Undergraduate and Post Graduate law students enrolled in recognized law institutions.
Interested students should register their names along with an abstract of the essay (in 500 words) latest by 15th November, 2012.
Last date for the submission of the essay is 30th November, 2012
Rules and Regulations for the Competition
- The essay should be written in English (UK or US)
- It should be typed in Double Space.
- The completed Essay should be in 3000-4000 words
- The essay should have a suitable title not exceeding 10 words.
- The essay should portray the theme of the Competition.
- A participant can send only one entry.
FOLLOWING CRITERIA WILL BE ADOPTED FOR ADJUDICATION
Essays should contain:
a. Observations on the theme.
b. An analysis of the main issues highlighted in the essay.
c. Forward looking and practical recommendations for further improvement.
a. Focus and relevance to the theme.
b. Clarity in the build of arguments.
c. Creative and clear presentation.
Entry Fee: The participation fee of Rs 300/- per contestant is to be paid by DD in favour of Amity Law School, Delhi at the time of registration.
AWARD AND CERTIFICATE OF MERIT
Winners of the competition shall receive awards and certificate of merit as under:
1st Prize Rs. 10,000/-
2nd Prize Rs. 7500/-
3rd Prize Rs. 5000/-
Consolation Prize(1) Rs. 2500/-
Certificates of participation will be given to all the participants
(Prizes will be declared and distributed during the valedictory function of the 12th Amity National Moot Court Competition (2012) on March 3, 2013.
For details contact:
Amity Law School(Delhi)
F-1 Block, Sector 125
Amity University Campus, NOIDA – 201303 (U.P.)
Tel: 0120-4392681-82-83 ; Fax: 0120-4392690
The entry form is here. Full details are here.