About the University
Amity University, Uttar Pradesh a world-class bona fide University established by a State Act, recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with “A+” Grade, as a leading institution engaged in imparting higher education in various fields.
Amity Law School is organising its 10th Edition of Amity International Moot Court Competition which will be a unique opportunity to discuss fascinating issues of law of the sea, and also to engage with the many procedural facets of international dispute settlement.
About the Moot Competition
Though it has been difficult to scuffle through these anomalous times, mooters are nothing if not adaptable. The organisers strive to provide a platform to the students to imbibe the pragmatic skills and this moot court is one such exclusive attempt to create a simulated atmosphere for the future Lawyers. The objective is to allow the students to delve into intersections of emerging International issues.
The moot court will simulate proceedings before the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The competition will be a unique opportunity to discuss fascinating issues of law of the sea, and also to engage with the many procedural facets of international dispute settlement. The case typically involves complex issues of international law, ranging from State responsibility to the law of the sea and maritime rights.
Hosting its 10th edition is like moving to the next orbit. With this event, the organisers level up from National to International level and from traditional mooting to online mooting. This moot will provide a stage for converging to the Indian diversity & global diversity. Students from across continents will hone their mooting skills during this 3-day program and will have a cross-cultural exposure.
- All recognized law schools, universities and institutions in India or abroad with minimum three year of LL.B. courses shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall comprise of either two (2) members where, one of the two(2) Speakers shall be designated as Researcher or three(3) members where two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to accompany the team.
- No cross teams i.e. members of different universities, shall be allowed.
- Language of the competition shall be English.
- Teams are required to complete their Registration by 15th September 2020 by 23:59 hours IST.
- There is no registration fee for this event. The Registration shall be done by filling up an application form, available here.
Procedure to Register
- The team shall click here to register and complete their payment.
- Take a screenshot of your payment.
- The team shall submit the Payment Screenshot and fill the required details here, for the confirmation of the registration.
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration Fee has been remitted successfully, the Application form is duly filled, and the screenshot of the payment is submitted.
- Once the application form is filled, the O.C. shall send a confirmation mail to the teams [within 24 hours of registration], which shall consist of their Team Code and an app link through which they will be connecting for video conferencing.
- The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the O.C.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Each participating team in the Competition is required to prepare memorials on behalf of both Petitioner and Respondent based on the problem released by the O.C.
- Each team must send its memorandum via e-mail to the O.C. at aim.alsnoida[at]gmail.com latest by September 30, 2020, by 23:59 hours IST. Please note that NO HARD COPIES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED.
- Memorials are required to be submitted through the submission form given in the brochure. No submissions will be accepted via emails.
- The memorials are to be drafted as per the rules mentioned in the brochure.
Researcher’s Test would be conducted online on October 10, 2020. The designated Researcher would be allowed to take the test.
Structure of the Competition
Before the Preliminary, Semi-final and the Final rounds, the side on which the Team will be arguing shall be decided by a draw of lots, the video of the same will be uploaded on the official Facebook page.
The Teams will be e-mailed the soft copy of their opponent’s Written Submission prior to the oral rounds.
The Competition shall consist of the following rounds:
- The Preliminary Round; & Researcher’s Test.
- The Semi Finals
- The Final
Tejaswini Pathak, Student Convener (+91 7004173379)
Priyanshi Jha, Deputy Student Convener (+91 6202260239)
Deepak Singh, Secretary (+91 7571915036)
For further queries you may also contact via Email aim.alsnoida[at]gmail.com and mcs.alsmoida[at]gmail.com
For the brochure of the moot court competition, click here.
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rules and regulations of the moot court competition, click here.
For the concept note of the moot court competition, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.