About the Competition
Amity Law School is organising the 3rd edition of National Judgment Writing Competition where the main object is to provide more opportunities to all the law aspirants in order to enhance and develop their skills. Judgment writing is not an ordinary task, the right interpretation and avoiding vague opinions is utmost important in good judgment.
The present judgment proposition is for the first time provided with a bundle on Annexures in order to provide a practical and comprehensive approach for the writers. The Annexures might seem to bamboozle but they will make you learn the law and will judge your true knowledge and research in writing. A true judgment shall cover all these aspects of evidence and crime.
- The participants should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school.
- In one team, not more than two participants are allowed.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
Single Author: Rs.800 Click here to register.
Co-Author: Rs.1000 Click here to register.
*A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
Last Date of Registration: 11th March 2019
Last Date for Releasing of Team Codes: 13th March 2019
Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition: 15th March 2019
Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies: 20th March 2019
Results: 5th April 2019
- 1stPrize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online Hamper
- 2ndPrize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online Hamper
- 3rdPrize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online Hamper
- Shortlisted essays will be published online with the name of the author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
Format of the Judgement
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author.
- The Judgment Writing shall begin on the next page. The first page of Judgment must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgment, Nature of the Case(s) (Civil/Criminal/Writ)
- Admissibility/Maintainability of Petitions/Suits/Appeal
- History and Procedural History of the Petition/Suit/Appeal
- Issues and Points for Determination
- Framing Specific Questions for determination
- Reference to Precedents, Other Sources (both authoritative and persuasive)
- Decision on issues framed or points formulated
- Decretal/Operative Part
- Language- English
- Word limit – 3000 words (including footnotes)
- Format – MSWord/Doc/Docx
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size- 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom centre
- The citation methodology to be followed is Bluebook (19th or 20th Edition)
All queries and clarifications regarding the proposition must be mailed to the organizing committee on [email protected]
- Himanshu Saini +91-9643540042
- R K Jain +91-8510005150