NLEC’13 is the very first edition of the National Legal Essay Competition being organised by AILSA.
Full details are here.
It provides a platform to the students enrolled in law schools and colleges all over the country to express their views on topics based on the different avenues of the legal field.
Rules of the Competition:
The competition shall be open to all students pursuing a 3-year or 5-year Law Course from any institution recognised by the Bar Council of India, in India and abroad.
Co-authorship to the essay shall be permitted, but to a maximum of 2 individual authors per essay.
Multiple entries by the same individual shall not be permitted whatsoever, and in such a case the concerned individual shall be disqualified.
It shall be required from each person to e-mail their essays on email@example.com; and submit 3 hard copies, along with 1 soft copy on CD/USB Drive; to be sent to the following address:
ALL INDIA LAW STUDENTS ASSOCIATION
(Western Region Office)
C/o Manas Dowlani
H/2 Mandar Society, Raut Lane,
Nr. ISKCON Temple, Juhu – 400049
- The soft copy of submissions should be a MS Word file (.doc/.docx).
- Each person shall be required to fill the online registration form and also send a filled-up registration form as given in the brochure.
- Last date of Submission shall be 31st December 2013.
- The result for the completion shall be declared on 24th January 2014.
Rules for Submission:
- The maximum word limit for the essay is 5000 words (including footnotes).
- The first page of the submission should contain the following details only:It is expected of all individuals to acknowledge the primary source of the information.
- Name of the Student Participant(s)
- Name of the institution
- Course and year pursuing
- Contact information (Mobile no., Email Id, Address for Correspondence)
- Any essay found to be plagiarised shall be disqualified.
- Any material previously published shall not be accepted.
- No mention of name, contact details, or the name of the institution should be there in the main body of the essay.
- Incase of a tie, the decision shall be reserved by NLEC Core Committee.
Copyright to all the essays sent as entries for this competition shall rest with AILSA.
NLEC’13 Core Committee shall send Certificates of Participation to all authors via email; and anyone desirous of receiving the certificates in hard copy should attach a Bank PO/DD of Rs.100 in favour of “All India Law Students Association” payable at New Delhi.
If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the Rules, the decision on the same by NLEC’13 Core Committee shall be final.
NLEC’13 Core Committee, reserves the absolute right to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
NLEC’13 Core Committee will reserve all rights to modify any of the above mentioned terms and conditions as they deem appropriate.
The decision of NLEC’13 Core Committee w.r.t any disputes arising in connection with competitions, eligibility, submissions of entry, marketing criteria, results, or any other matter shall be final and binding.
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 12 pts
- Line spacing : Double spacing with ‘0 pts’ before and after.
- Alignment : Justified
- Page Margins : 1 inch on all sides
Footnotes : Font size 10, the rest standing to be same as body of the essay.
- Originality of content : 20 marks
- Formatting and Presentation : 15 marks
- Quality of Research : 25 marks
- Argumentation : 25 marks
- Use of Authorities and Citations : 15 marks
Prizes to be won (Subject to increment on revision):
- 1st Prize : Worth Rs. 25,000
- 2nd Prize : Worth Rs. 15,000
- 3rd Prize : Worth Rs. 10,000
Full details are here.