The Azad ka Amrut Mahotsav is a great opportunity for the Law Society to use its platform and reach out to law students who may explore and develop their writing skills.
About the Institute
The Law Society at the Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is a student body at the Faculty of Law. It is presided over by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh.
The Society is committed to promoting the growth of the students in both academic and cultural fields. It provides a platform for the students to polish their skills in Mooting, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Debating, participating in quiz competitions, etc. It also provides an environment for constructive recreation of the students by organizing fests, reading clubs, etc.
The endeavour is to instil in law students an excellent expression of thought on paper and to provide them a space for growth, improvement, and better learning.
About the Essay Writing Competition
The Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav is a 75-week long nationwide program organized by the central government. It is dedicated to the celebration of the 75 years of India’s Independence. This essay writing completion is part of the same program.
The struggle for independence was a long and toilsome journey for our forefathers. In this struggle, the skill of writing was used as a huge enabler for the thoughts and ideas of freedom. It served as a huge tool for the upliftment of the spirits of the oppressed Indian society. This completion is to value that revolutionary artistic ability.
The art of writing is a talent that proves to be a jewel for a Student. Good writing skills enable a Student to develop articulation, subject analysis, and unbiased opinions. It facilitates the formation of logical arguments and gives a confident backing to speech and expression.
Topic: India’s Struggle for Freedom and its Reflection in Modern India
The competition is open to the students who are currently pursuing graduation or post-graduation in bonafide Universities.
- The essays must be sent by email to amuessaysubmissions2021[at]gmail.com with the subject line ‘AKAM Essay- Author’s Name’.
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Only sole authorship is allowed.
The body of the e-mail must specify:
- Name of the Author
- College/University enrolled in
- E-mail address & Contact No. of the Author
- The word limit for the essay is 1,500 to 2,000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, and Line Spacing 1.5, justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, and Line Spacing 1. The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The essay must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format. The file must be named with the Author’s Name.
- The essay must be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
Sending the essay to the given email will count as registration. No registration fees are applicable.
Deadline of Submission: 16th March 2021, 11:59 PM
- Dean, Faculty of Law, And President, Law Society: Prof. (Dr.) M. Shakeel Ahmed Samdani
- Secretary: Ayesha Nasir Alavi: 8004921886
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.