Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world.
As the Senior Counsel for India, you will report to the Deputy General Counsel, APAC, and be the lead attorney for our fast-growing India businesses. You will work very closely with the other members of the APAC Legal team, AirSeva team (Airbnb’s shared services operations), as well as the global Legal team. This role is based in Gurgaon, India.
- Act as an effective and trusted partner to the Country Manager and the various business units in providing strategic and operational legal advice based on an in-depth understanding of Airbnb’s businesses.
- General legal support for various aspects of the Airbnb India and AirSeva businesses, in particular, providing regulatory, compliance and general commercial (including contracts) advice, and supporting the business units across a wide range of areas including business development, marketing, consumer rights, employment, privacy, product counselling, dispute resolution, real estate and industry-specific regulations.
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in APAC or in the US, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic and global perspectives and needs.
- Help design, implement and iterate legal department and compliance processes to keep up with hyper-growth, with a particular view towards addressing local concerns.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English and Hindi is essential
- Qualified in India. Qualification in another jurisdiction advantageous
- At least 9 years’ post-qualification experience, including at least 5 years’ relevant in-house experience in an MNC, preferably in the tech / digital space
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating and excelling in highly ambiguous environments
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work with all levels of the organization, and to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Driven, caring, self-starting, adaptable individual possessing high integrity, excellent judgment, a strong sense of humour and a love for fun and adventure
To view official notification and apply online, click here.