AIF (American India Foundation) Banyan Impact Fellowship is inviting applications from young professionals from India and the U.S for its 2021-22 cohort. Note: AIF’s William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India is now the AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship.
The American India Foundation (AIF) is dedicated to catalyzing social and economic change in India and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. AIF is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. Its unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India.
Founded in 2001 in the aftermath of the devastating Gujarat earthquake by the Indian diaspora in the U.S., AIF has impacted the lives of 6.7 million of India’s poor. With offices in New York and California, 12 chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF is transforming lives across 26 states of India while addressing these issues on a regional, country, and international scale.
About AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship
For 20 years, AIF has been sending a cohort of dedicated young people on a journey of service for impact, building a “living bridge” between India and the US. AIF is in its 3rd decade of introducing the cohort. The AIF William J. Clinton Fellowship is now the AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship.
The Banyan Impact Fellowship is an interdisciplinary experiential learning program that places young professionals from India and the U.S. in service with communities across India. Through collaboration and capacity-building, Fellows and local communities exchange knowledge and skills to steer projects that advance social and economic development. Fellows learn about grassroots development and inclusive leadership. They encourage young change-makers who are passionate about social impact and ready to get to work to apply for this year’s inaugural cohort.
November 1, 2021 – July 2, 2022
Please Note: AIF is planning for the program to be hosted in person, however reserves the right to change it to a hybrid model (i.e., a mix of in-person and virtual) if the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic requires it.
- U.S. citizen, Indian citizen, or U.S. permanent resident
- Between 21-35 years old on November 1, 2021
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) by November 1, 2021
- Professional growth through service, fieldwork, and conferences in a cohort model
- Matching, training, mentoring, and professional development through AIF
- Monthly living stipend; round-trip airfare; program-related travel in India
- Health and accident insurance; 24/7 emergency, medical, and travel support; access to certified Fellowship counselor
- Visa support (for U.S. applicants)
- Basic language training (if required)
- Access to professional development resources during and after the program
- Access to a network of 500+ Alumni worldwide
How to Apply?
To apply for the fellowship, click on the link at the end of this post.
For more information, visit the official page by clicking here.
April 30, 2021 11:59 PM (EDT) [May 1st, 9:29 AM IST]
More such Fellowships and Scholarships that you might be interested in
- SBI Youth for India Fellowship by SBI Foundation [SBI YFI 2021-22]: Apply by Apr 30
- Ideosync-UNESCO Information Fellowship (IUIF) 2021 [Social Change Fellowship; Online]: Apply by Apr 21
- OCSI Scholarship [Oxford and Cambridge Society of India] 2021-22: Apply by May 15
- Fulbright-Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program by USIEF 2022-23 [10-Months Program]: Apply by June 15