About the Competition
Aequitas Victoria in association with Cotton University New Writers’ and Artists’ Association (Nabeen), Cultural Committee (Students Bar Council, National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam) & The Youths Mind is organizing National Level Creative Writing Competition.
Topic: Rupantar: The Destiny for Revolution
The Competition is organized as a tribute to Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhupen Hazarika who was of the belief that the young generation of the contemporary era is capable enough to bring an ideological revolution in the society with their creative spirituality.
Based on this belief, this Competition aims at providing a platform to all the young and creative minds of the country
keeping in view the upcoming death anniversary of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika on November 5, 2020. The Competition is open to all the creative writers who can jot their creativity by way of articles, poems and stories.
The competition will be organized in four broad categories. They are:
- Articles (Theme: Role of Nature in nurturing human civilization or Status of Women in Contemporary society. These are just broad themes while all the Authors are free to make their own title under anyone of the above themes and the uniqueness of their title will be considered for deciding the winners. The word limit shall not exceed 2000 words)
- Poems (Theme: Open)
- Stories (Theme: Open)
- Quotations (Theme: Patriotism and word limit shall not be more than 20 words)
All submissions must be made in English
Any student from a recognized institution can participate in this Competition. There is no age limit.
All are requested to register through the link provided below on or before 2nd October 2020. All submissions must be made in word format.
All submissions must be sent to the email id: rupantarmagazine[at]gmail.com on or before the 15th of October, 2020.
- All the participants are required to register themselves before due date or else their submissions shall not be accepted
- No political, defamatory, insulting, religious or any such other comments or write upsshall be submitted which are likely to injure the moral sentiments or legal status of anyindividual or community or groups of individuals. In case if any such contents are foundin any of the contributions, then such contributions shall be summarily rejected
- The decision of the Judges shall be final.
- The copyright of all the submissions shall be transferred to the publisher immediately after the submission.
- All contributions shall be original and shall not be published either in whole or in part anywhere else and if any contribution infringes the copyright of any third party, then the author of such contributions shall be the only person liable for such infringements.
To register click here.
- Date of release of Brochure: September 15, 2020
- Last Date for Registration: October 2, 2020
- Last Date for Submissions of Contributions: October 15, 2020
- Date of Announcement of Winners: November 5, 2020
There is no fee for registration, participation as well as publication.
- The top three best creative writers for each of the categories “Articles, Poems and Stories” shall be awarded with merit certificates signed by representatives from all the organizations organizing the event.
- The top three best contributions along with other selected contributions will be published in our e-Book with ISBN number and those contributors whose contributions will be published will get a separate certificate of publication.
- The names of all the winners will be announced in the virtual cultural event that will be organized on November 5, 2020 on the occasion of Death Anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhupen Hazarika where several eminent personalities from the field of art, culture and literature will be present.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.