Opening: Junior Law Associates for Law Chambers of Adv. Mr. M. Hossain in Kolkata
Candidates applying for the position must fulfil the following criteria:
Law Degree from a recognised University [minimum 55% aggregate]
Enrolment with Bar Council
Proficiency in written English
Legal Research knowledge & skills (including Internet research)
Proficiency in using computers specifically MS Word, Search Engines
Internship Experience in Law Chambers/Law Firms
Currently based in Kolkata
Have a Bank Account and provision to receive NEFT/RTGS payments
Applicants must exhibit fulfillment of the aforesaid mandatory requirements clearly in their CVs.
Additional Preferences (not mandatory):
LLM Degree from a recognised University
0-2 years experience in litigation in High Court, NCLT, Consumer Forum, City Court
Expected Role in Law Chamber:
- Drafting petitions and applications for various legal forums including High Court, NCLT, Consumer Forum, City Court
- Drafting notices, agreements, MOU, contracts for various industry sectors including but not limited to laws covering Commercial, Property, Company, IP among others.
- Assisting Senior Associates, Advocates during Court cases, arbitration, conferences
- Assisting panel Senior Counsels during Court cases and conferences
- Legal Research including legal databases (SCC Online, Manupatra)
- Internet search
- Appear as arguing Counsel/ Junior Counsel in cases before various Courts on behalf of the Chamber’s clients
Applicants must send their updated CVs with Passport sized photograph by email only for consideration.
CVs maybe sent either in PDF or MS Word format by email to:
lincolnlawchambers at gmail.com.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be called for interviews.
Please note there are strictly no walk in interviews for candidates or dropping of CV in person.
Law Chambers of Mr. M. Hossain (Advocate)
Temple Chambers, 6, Old Post Office Street
Kolkata – 700001