About the organisation
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is a premier Business School and Deemed to be University working under the Department of Commerce, Government of India.
Applications are invited from eligible Advocates/Law firms for empanelment to represent the IIFT before different Courts of Law/Tribunals. The practicing advocates/Law firms who are registered with Bar Council of India/State Bar Council are eligible for empanelment.
Applicant Advocate/Law firm must possess the following qualifications & Experience: Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Law from a recognized University and registration with Bar Council of India/Delhi.
Professional experience for empanelment of various courts is as under:
- For handling the cases of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India: 10 years experience in Supreme Court cases.
- For handling the cases of Hon’ble High Court/Distt. Court: 05 years of experience in High court/Distt. Court.
- For handling Arbitration cases: 05 years experience in Arbitration cases.
Having good communication skills in English and good knowledge of law and procedure in service matters, civil matters, arbitration matters, land disputes, taxation etc.
IIFT shall also consider the following points for empanelment:
- The proper and adequate infrastructure of an advocate/law firms such as office premises, the number of junior advocates, assistants, clerks etc.
- The Advocates/Law firms are not contesting any cases against IIFT in any Court in India.
- Track record and integrity.
- No inquiry proceedings by the respective Bar Council/Bar Association about the conduct of the Advocate/law firms have been held.
- If the Advocates / Law firms are empanelled by other Institutions/Organizations, details and opinion of those Institutions/Organisations, if available.
How to apply?
Eligible practicing Advocate/Law Firms must submit an application in the format prescribed in Annexure “A” enclosed herewith, along with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope to Registrar, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016.
The envelope should be superscribed as following: “Application for Empanelment of Advocates/Law firms”. The last date of receiving Applications in the prescribed format along with supporting document is 30 September 2019 till 17.00 hours.