The Office of the Advocate General for Karnataka invites applications from recent law graduates for the position of Law Clerks.
About the Office
The Office advises the State Government regarding all its legal affairs and defends legislation and public policy before the Supreme Court of India, the High Court of Karnataka and various other Tribunals and judicial fora.
The selected Law Clerks will get a unique opportunity to work at the Office of the Advocate General on a wide variety of cases, with a particular focus on research for matters impacting public policy. They will be mentored by senior litigators and experience lawyering from a public institutional perspective.
They will directly assist the Learned Advocate General/Addl. Advocates Generals/State Public Prosecutors/Government Advocates/High Court Government Pleaders or Public Prosecutors, as required. The role will also include regular interactions with government officials and other public servants.
Number of Vacancies
5 Law Clerks
1 year with effect from 1st September 2021
Advocate General’s Office, High Court of Karnataka Building, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India (physical presence required).
- Students must have graduated/be due to graduate from Law Universities/Colleges recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Demonstrable interest in litigation and public policy
- A strong academic record from a leading educational institution.
- Well-developed research, drafting and writing skills.
- The salary will be commensurate with comparable opportunities.
- Send an email with the subject as “Application for Law Clerks” to: email@example.com.
- This email should include the following:
- A cover letter of not more than 500 words describing your interest in this position.
- A resume
- A recent sample of academic writing of not more than 2000 words.
- Consolidated transcript (if not available, please include the transcripts of all semesters till date).
- Provisional/Final Degree, if available (a copy of which will need to be submitted prior to joining, if not presently available.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
Note: Any false/incomplete information provided by an applicant will lead to immediate rejection from the recruitment process and/or termination from employment.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021 (Wednesday) 11:59 PM IST.
For the official notification of the job post, click here: https://lawc.to/AgZpe
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.