Name of the Student, College, Year of Study
Tapamoy Ghose, The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, 2nd year.
Name and Full Address of the Organization
Chamber of Advocate Aniruddha Bhattacharya, B-102, Alokdhenu Block, Shantiban Housing Complex, 7 Umakanta Sen Lane, Kolkata – 700 030.
Duration of Internship
June 1, 2021, to June 30, 2021
How Did You Apply?
I applied through the Email ID of sir, which is firstname.lastname@example.org. I got a confirmation from sir within 2 weeks of applying.
First Day Formalities, Infrastructure, First Impression
No formalities as such were involved as the Internship was Virtual in nature. All the tasks and the ways to perform them were elaborated to me by sir. I was provided access to databases for legal research as well such as Manupatra and SCC Online.
The main task included extensive legal research based on requirements and drafting replies to legal notices as well as assisting in drafting writ petitions. During the course of my Internship, I did extensive research on the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, FEMA Act, SARFAESI Act. Further, I assisted in preparing a Labour Compliance Policy for a Company with Pan India Presence.
The work environment was very productive. All feedbacks pertaining to the work done were given by Sir. Further, all the final documents and researches were provided by sir which enabled me to understand how the system works in the real life, which will stay with me forever.
- I was always given the context of my research and other required details, which made my task a lot easier.
- In the course of my Internship, I was given a lot of practical inputs which are going to be an asset for me in future.
- I was allowed to ask doubts and questions related to the work assigned without any hesitation. Sir was very supportive in this regard.
- Sir always provided me with the final version of the task I was assigned which enabled me to understand the practical requirement of a client. These inputs will be an asset in future. It enabled me to understand how a practicing lawyer thinks and the knowledge gap which exists between a lawyer and a Student of law.
There was no bad thing as such.
It was an unpaid Internship.
Not needed as it was a virtual Internship.
- Understood the difference between theoretical and practical knowledge of law.
- I was able to understand that there is no alternative to hard work in a demanding profession like law.
If you wish to share an internship experience, fill the form here.
Disclaimer: We do not edit the internship experience submitted to maintain the originality of the intern’s experience.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.