UNICEF is looking to hire for the job role of Advocacy Specialist (Child Protection & Communication) as a champion for every child, to work in Delhi.
About the Organization
UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Communication and Public Advocacy
- Work closely with the Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD), and other key stakeholders in its public advocacy campaign and engagement to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience on child protection priorities especially in the context of EVAC (End Violence against Children).
- Communication and advocacy plan to support the Child Protection programme objectives, with a special focus on EVAC (end violence against children) as one of the key ICO (India Country Office) programme and advocacy priorities. Getting children’s issues prominently into the public domain, strengthen political commitment in support of the EVAC agenda and other key priorities such as the Education and the Learning Crisis accelerated due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Networking and Partnerships
- Help establish, document, review, and refine the process of working collaboratively with partners, including meetings, joint projects, information sharing, etc.
- Work in collaboration with various organizations
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity of partners through appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to information, supplies, and equipment, and knowledge sharing.
Support Communication Materials and Campaigns for Key Advocacy Priorities
- Support advancing ICO key flagship priorities – Child Rights Advocacy, EVAC, and the Learning Crisis.
- Support national advocacy activities and ensure or enhance the quality, consistency, and appropriateness of advocacy and communication materials, activities, processes and messages shared with partners.
- Write and edit human interest stories, social media material as applicable.
- Ensure all qualitative aspects of audiovisual, print, digital material produced in coordination with design/AV/design/PR agencies meet UNICEF technical, ethical, and brand guidelines and are suited for digital and traditional media channels.
Capacity Building and Support
- Advise UNICEF programmes, section chiefs, colleagues, and staff on key areas of ICO advocacy priorities including EVAC communication & advocacy plan and implications for action and policies proposed.
- Support communication activities through knowledge management, information exchange, and building capacity of the country communications team. Enable appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to information, supplies, and equipment, and developing training and orientation material.
Qualification and Experience Required
- An advanced university degree in international development, human rights, sociology, communication, journalism, public relations, or closely related fields is required. OR
A first University degree with two additional years (minimum seven years in total) of relevant professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas, in lieu of an Advanced University degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in strategic communication and child protection is required.
- Experience in social development planning and/or advocacy and partnerships is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is required.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.