The Legal Service Institute CLAP invites applications from suitable candidates for the post of two numbers of Advocacy Managers (1. Law & Policy, 2. Public) for implementation of a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Project in Odisha. The service of the Advocacy Managers shall be governed as per the Personal Manual of CLAP.
No. of Positions: 2
(1) Advocacy Manager (Law & Policy) for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Projects
(2) Advocacy Manager (Public) for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Projects
Essential Qualifications for Advocacy Manager (Law & Policy):
(1) Degree in Law – LL.B not less than 50% marks
(2) LL.M from a Recognized University
(3) Minimum of 3 years of Experience in NGO Sector.
(4) Proficiency in MS Office, MS Power Point, MS Excel, use of internet, email communication, web based research,
(5) Good Communication skills in English and Odia, both written and oral, should be able to handle clients.
(6) The participant should have minimum of 30 years of age as on 01.01.2019.
Essential Qualifications for Advocacy Manager (Public)
(1) Degree in Law – LL.B not less than 50% marks and/or MSW or Post Graduation in Sociology.
(2) Preference shall be given to the candidate who has completed LL.M from a Recognized University.
(3) Proficiency in MS Office, MS Power Point, MS Excel, use of internet, email communication, web based research.
(4) Good Communication skills in English and Odia, both written and oral, should be able to handle clients.
(5) The participant should have a minimum of 30 years of age as on 01.01.2019.
The Selected Candidates shall work under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator of SRHR Project.
Main job responsibilities of Advocacy Manager (Law & Policy) include:
Review of Laws and Judicial Decisions on SRHR,
Preparation of Memorandum/ Representation,
Identification and Litigation Support to SRHR Cases,
Research and Study of Laws on SRHR,
Liaison with Public Authorities and Advocacy for Legal Reform.
Main job responsibilities of Advocacy Manager (Public) include:
Development of IEC Materials
Formation of People’s Organization.
Both the position carries a consolidated salary of Rs. 25,000/- per month.
Place of Work
The Selected Candidate shall have to be present in the office at Cuttack before 10.00 am until 5.30 pm on every working day unless otherwise required.
Candidates are requested to submit their bio data/resume by 15th January, 2019 to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or in the following address:
Legal Service Institute – CLAP, Bimala Devi Memorial Building Plot No. 367, Sector-6, Markat Nagar, Cuttack -753014, Odisha.
Short listed candidates shall be called for an interview in the month of January (16-20) and selected candidates shall have to join his duty with immediate effect from 1st February, 2019.
For Enquiry: Phone – 91-671-2363980/ 2365680 (10.00 am to 5.00 pm on working days)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.