Academike (Lawctopus’ Law Journal) is inviting applications for its yearly round-up, the Constitutional Rights Series. This series will feature an array of articles published by young researchers and writers. Each article will flag and analyze legal and social issues from the perspective of constitutional rights this year.
Here’s the good part: we’ll pay you INR 1000 if we publish your article. We have more to offer: we’ll mentor you through your research and writing journey.
About the Constitutional Rights Series
In 2020, constitutional rights were put through an exhaustive test. While the government pitted norms against exception, many across India suffered the loss of life and livelihood.
As we approach the end of this year, we introduce this special series to revisit 2020 from the standpoint of constitutional rights analysing instances of the violation, protection, and invocation of rights during and before the outbreak of COVID-19. Simultaneously, engaging with legal developments, executive orders, and their effect on individual rights guaranteed under the Constitution.
In the run-up to 2021, Academike will release at least one article every single day in the week of the Constitutional right series. We will also have a mentorship program to guide the shortlisted candidates on how they could approach writing the paper.
Themes and Format
- We are looking to publish research papers of around 2500-3000 words on the following topics:
- Right to Health
- Fundamental Rights of Migrant Labours
- Right to Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Right to Collective Assembly
- Right to Education
- Right to Freedom of Religion
- Right to Privacy
The above is an indicative list, to give the applicant an idea of what we are looking for.
- We would be shortlisting candidates and guiding them through the writing process and publish one research paper every day from December 25 to December 31. We will also post a series on Lawctopus, talking about these research papers.
- As part of the series, we would also conduct a mentorship program where the Editorial Board of Academike and Lawctopus would be there to guide you through the process.
- We’ll also be paying a sum of INR 1,000 for every article that is published on the website.
How to Apply
- Please send us your CV and a 500-word sample of what you would wish to write on any topic from the list above. If you have a research paper that is already written on any of these topics (but not published anywhere), you could send that as well.
Where to Apply
- Please send your submissions to email@example.com with the title ‘Application for Yearly Round-up Series’.
- Send your applications by December 21, 12 PM. Applications sent after the deadline will not be processed.
- We will announce the shortlist by December 21. The writing process would start from December 22.
Since this would be an intensive process, we encourage you to apply only if you would be able to devote time to this properly.
We realize that the deadlines are short for this. Therefore, any prior experience/research in these topics would be helpful. However, even if you do not have any experience, do not hesitate to apply. We have introduced the mentorship program to help first-time writers.