National Service Scheme(NSS) UPES, Dehradun is organizing Aavirbhav: The Manifestation of Young Thoughts and is seeking registrations for its various events by July 31.
About the Competition
NSS UPES is organizing Aavirbhav: The Manifestation of Young Thoughts and would like to invite all concerned to participate in the various events organized under it to experience the thoughts of the youth and how they would contribute their bit towards the change they want to see.
About the Events
The events will include:
- Unnati ki Tarang 2.0: A Case Study Challenge
- Double Crosser: Two Sides of your Brain
- Vihaan – A new age of policymakers
Unnati ki Tarang 2.0: A Case Study Challenge
NSS UPES under Aavirbhav: The Manifestation of Young Thoughts presents Unnati ki Tarang 2.0: A Case Study Challenge to help the volunteers think analytically with practical and effective solutions to the projects provided.
- Project 1: Agneepath – Automotive Skilling of Youth
- Project 2: Coping – Peer Pressure
- Project 3: Impairments Not a Barrier to Master New Skills
- The event will take place in two rounds where in the first round i.e., Abstract Submission Round participants are required to submit an abstract of 300 words on any of their chosen projects.
- The best 9 projects will be chosen for the second round i.e., Presentation Round where finalists will be presenting their thoughts and solutions to the problems.
- Interested participants can submit their abstract by July 31, 2022 (11:59 P.M.).
- Click here for more details.
Double Crosser: Two Sides of your Brain
It is an online Turn Coat Debate Competition” where students are invited to speak both against and for the topic maintaining coherence in the arguments while switching sides.
- The interested participants can send their 2 minutes videos speaking either in favor or against the topic “Everyone should have the right to own firearms in India” by July 31, 2022 (11:59 P.M.) as part of round 1 i.e., Video Submission Round.
- The best videos will be selected for the final round i.e., Presentation Round where students will be provided topics on the stop and invited to speak both in favor and against the topic.
- Click here for more information.
Vihaan – A new age of policymakers
NSS UPES under Aavirbhav: The manifestation of Young Thoughts is organizing “Vihaan – A New Age of Policymakers”. It is a policy case competition where participants will be provided with themes and they have to come up with practical and effective solutions in the form of policy.
- Project 1: Personal Data Protection Bill (Data Privacy)
- Project 2: Anti-Conversion Bill
- Project 3: Sedition Law
- Interested participants can submit their policy memos by July 31, 2022 (11:59 P.M.) as a part of the first round i.e., Policy Memo Submission Round
- The best memos will be advanced to the final round i.e., Presentation Round where participants will get a chance to present the policies designed by them for a better tomorrow.
- Click here for more information.
Registration and Submission Process
- There are no registration charges.
- The registrations for all the events can be done by filling out the Google Form given at the end of this post.
- Once you will open the Google form you will find the event names with their respective registration forms, so you are required to click on the registration form of the event you want to participate in.
- Once you will open the registration form for the particular event you will be able to register and submit the files required to be submitted for the First Round.
- A National Level Participation Certificate to all the participants
- A National Level Appreciation Certificate to all the winners
- All the winners will be declared on the college’s social media handles.
The presentation rounds of all three events will be offline at UPES, Dehradun Campus.
- Registration Deadline: July 31, 2022 (11:59 PM)
- Submission Deadline: July 31, 2022 (11:59 PM)
- The dates for the presentation rounds will be intimated.
In case of any queries, reach out to Himanshi Singh (Event Planning Sub-Head, NSS UPES) at +91 95182 85913 or to Ayushi Aggrwal (President, NSS UPES) at +91 76689 07006