CMR University, School of Legal Studies (SoLS) is organizing their VIII National Moot Court Competition, scheduled to be held from May 20 to 22, 2022, in Bangalore.
About the Organizer
CMR University, School of Legal Studies, Bangalore strives to attract and facilitate the foray of enterprising, smart, and intelligent young individuals into the legal profession.
About the Moot Court Competition
The CMR National Moot Court Competition, the flagship event at CMR University, School of Legal Studies is a biennial event that witnesses participation by premier legal institutions in the country. This competition attempts to facilitate the development of interpretation and legal reasoning skills in the participating students, with a benign hope of encouraging them to achieve greater heights. The previous edition of the same was held virtually in the year 2020.
The current edition shall be restricted to a total participation by not more than 20 teams competing in two preliminary rounds to be judged by experienced advocates, professionals and law teachers from Bangalore.
Each semi- final round shall be judged by a bench of 3 senior advocates and the final round shall be presided by a bench of 5 sitting judges from the High Court of Karnataka.
This moot, as any other, expects to present important questions of law that are challenging yet accessible and inviting; and enable participants to present the best of themselves -as aspiring practitioners of law and as ladies/gentlemen with integrity, wisdom, and eloquence.
Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the 3-year or 5-year LL.B. degree course in any institution in India.
Bangalore (now, Bengaluru), Karnataka
Participating Teams shall duly fill and submit the registration form on or before May 6, 2022, 11:59 PM.
The Teams must upload the payment details on the abovementioned form.
- Registration fee (w/o accommodation)- Rs. 3,500/-
- Registration fee (with accommodation)- Rs. 5,000/-
Payment can be made via NEFT/Bank Transfer to the following bank details:
- Account Name: CMR University, School of Legal Studies
- Account Number: 39431978708
- Bank Name: State Bank of India, Lingarajapuram
- Branch Address: St. Thomas Road, Lingarajapuram, Bangalore
- SWIFT Code: SBININBBM37
- RTGS/IFSC Code: SBIN0040283
Upon completing the above steps, the teams must duly fill the Travel Form within 24 hours of registration.
- Winning Team of the Competition: Cash Prize of 30,000/- and Trophy
- Runners’ Up of the Competition: Cash Prize of 20,000/- and Trophy
- Best Speaker of the Competition: Cash prize of 10,000/- and Trophy
- Best Researcher of the Competition: Cash prize of 10,000/- and Trophy
- Best Memorial: Cash prize of 10,000/- and Trophy
- Last Date for Registration: May 6, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Clarifications: May 10, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Submission of Memorial [Soft Copy]: May 12, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Submission of Memorial [Hard Copy]: May 17, 2022
- Prof. (Dr.) V.J. Praneshwaran (Director, CMRU SOLS): +91 7204447330
- Dr. Chanjana Elsa Philip (Faculty Coordinator, Moot Court Society): +91 9986143782
- Natasha K (Coordinator, Moot Court Society): Convenor +91 8884840650
- Monusha Nambiar (Secretary, Moot Court Society): Co-Convenor +91 7760531845
Click here for the official details of the moot court competition.