About the Institute
Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920 and was accorded the status of a Central University in 1988. It was initially started as a movement for educational and cultural renaissance which has grown as one of the best institutions in higher education offering multidisciplinary courses.
The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1989.
About the Moot
8th Jamia Millia Islamia National Moot Court Competition shall be organized by the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-25 through an Online Platform from 25th to 27th June 2020 in sponsorship with SCC Online and Easter Book Company. Prizes worth Rupees Forty Thousand awaits for the winners along with SCC Online’s Subscription.
Each Institution offering an undergraduate LL.B. Degree Course (3/5 years) is eligible to participate in the competition. Each Institution can send multiple Teams. The Competition is only open for students in LL.B. Undergraduate Degree Courses.
Team Size and Other Information
- Each team shall consist of three members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed except with the permission of the organisers.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
- Teams must register by 8th June 2020 through this Google Form.
- The Registration Fee for this competition is Rupees Five Hundred Only. (Rs. 500/-). The Bank Account Details in which the Registration Fee must be paid has been attached in the end of the Rule Book (last two pages).
- The Registration Fee must be paid by all the teams and the copy of such transaction must be sent to jmcc.jmi[at]gmail.com by 8th June 2020 (11:59 PM IST).
- Last date for Registration: 8th June 2020
- Last date for Request for Clarification: 10th June 2020
- Last date for Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: 20th June 2020
- Memorial Selection Results (Top 24): 22nd June 2020
- Researcher’s Test: 25th June 2020
- Oral Rounds: 26th – 27th June 2020
Any query regarding the competition can sent to jmcc.jmi[at]gmail.com.
- Professor (Dr.) S.Z. Amani, Dean, Faculty of Law, JMI, Patron: samani[at]jmi.ac.in
- Dr. Mohd. Asad Malik, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Convenor: mmalik[at]jmi.ac.in (98919 99938)
- Dr. Qazi Mohammad Usman, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Member: qusman[at]jmi.ac.in
- Dr. Noorjahan Momin, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Co-convenor: mnoorjahan[at]jmi.ac.in
- Mohd Yasin, Convenor, Moot Court Committee: 9648594449
- Aayushi Bana, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee: 88264 68847
- Mohd Shueab, Member, Moot Court Committee: 96950 85911
For the invitation, click here.
For the timeline, click here.
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rule book, click here.
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.