About the university
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, formerly KIIT University is an institute of higher education located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
The School of Law, an integral part of KIIT (Deemed to be) University, was established in the year 2007.
About the moot
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), School of Law is organising the 7th KIIT National Moot Court Competition on 12th September to 15th September 2019 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Students of three years and five years integrated law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to participate in the competition.
However, a maximum of one team shall be allowed to participate from any one University/Law School/College/Department.
Team size and other information
- Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed in writing to that effect, addressed to the Director, School of Law, KIIT (Deemed to be University), by the Vice Chancellor/Dean/Director/Head of the Department of the University/School/Department/College of Law, of the team requesting such alteration. However, any such alteration shall be permitted only once.
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. The inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the team from the Competition.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), KIIT Road, Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751024, India.
Registration Procedure and fee details
The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an e-mail attaching the scanned copy of Annexure-A(the Registration form) and the Demand Draft as mentioned in Rule 4.2, duly filled, to kiitmoot2019[at]kls.ac.in by 22nd July 2019.
Please note that such e-mail has to be sent only through the University/School/College/Department official email address.
E-mails sent through personal/unofficial e-mail addresses and e-mails sent to any other address other than the above mentioned will be ignored.
The teams shall then send:
- The printed copy of Annexure-A
- A non-refundable participation fee of Rs. 4000/- (Rupees Four Thousand only) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of KIIT, and payable at Bhubaneswar (clearly stating the name of the participating institution at the reverse side of the demand draft), addressed to:
Ms. Pratiti Nayak, Faculty Convener, 7th KIIT National Moot Court Competition, 2019, School of Law, KIIT, Patia, Bhubaneswar,
Odisha. PIN–751024, such is to be received by 30th July 2019.
On receipt of the printed copy of Annexure-A and the Demand Draft, the team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated and a confirmatory e-mail, together with the team code shall be sent to such team on the 1st August 2019.
Thereafter, for all further correspondence with the organizers of the Competition, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only.
The teams shall also send a soft copy of Annexure-B (Travel details), duly filled, to kiitmoot2019[at]kls.ac.in by 1st September 2019. Annexure – B is available at the website and is also attached here with the Brochure.
- Disclosure of Proposition & Information Brochure: June 05, 2019
- Last Date of Registration (via e-mail) along with a scanned copy of Annexure- A & the Demand Draft: July 22, 2019
- Last Date of Registration (hard copy) along with Annexure – A & original demand draft: July 30, 2019
- Confirmation of Registration & Team code allotment: August 01, 2019
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: August 01, 2019
- Release of Clarifications: August 08, 2019
- Soft-copy Memorial & Travel Plan (Annexure B) Submissions: September 01, 2019 (5:00 PM)
- Hard-copy Memorial & Travel Plan (Annexure B) Submissions: September 05, 2019
- Registration/Inaugural Ceremony/Draw of Lots/Exchange of Memorials: September 12, 2019 (4:30 PM–8:30 PM)
- Preliminary Round -1 September 13, 2019 (9:00AM–12:30 PM)
- Preliminary Round – 2 Followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Quarters September 13, 2019 (3:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
- 12 Quarter Final Rounds Followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Semis September 14, 2019 (9:30 AM–1:00 PM)
- Semi-Final Rounds September 14, 2019 (3:00 PM – 5:30 PM)
- 14 Final Rounds September 15, 2019 (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- 15 Valedictory Ceremony September 15, 2019 (1:00 PM – 2:30 PM)
Any query pertaining to the Moot Problem should be sent to kiitmoot2019[at]kls.ac.in by 1st August 2019.
Questions submitted/clarification sought through any other means other than by e-mail shall not be entertained. A consolidated response for all questions and clarifications shall be mailed to all the participating teams on 8th August 2019.
The brochure is attached here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.