Corporate Law Society or CLS, National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur is organizing their 6th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Competition, 2022 in memory of Ms Pranita Mehta, an exceptional student of NLU, Jodhpur.
About NLU Jodhpur’s CLS
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ) is one of India’s leading law schools situated in the vibrant and colourful city of Jodhpur, Rajasthan. NLUJ has constantly been ranked as one. of the top law schools in India.
The Corporate Law Society (CLS) of NLUJ was established in 2014, with the primary objective of fostering discussions related to corporate law. To facilitate such discussions, we host stimulating lectures given by eminent corporate lawyers on contemporary issues relating capital markets, to banking and finance, competition laws, mergers and acquisitions, projects, etc.
About the Essay Competition
The Corporate Law Society of National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur is pleased to announce the 6th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Competition, 2022 in memory of Ms. Pranita Mehta, an exceptional student of NLU, Jodhpur.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
About Ms Pranita Mehta
An epitome of excellence and diligence, Ms Pranita Mehta was an outstanding student at NLU, Jodhpur (Batch of 2017). She had been a part of the CLS since its inception and was associated with the Society as an Adviser in 2016.
In addition to leading a formidable academic career both at school and university, she was second to none when it came to extra-curricular activities.
Throughout her time in NLU, Jodhpur, Pranita performed exceptionally well in her academic endeavours and was the recipient of several accolades at various international moot court competitions.
Pranita, a corporate law enthusiast, was also amongst the first ones in her batch to get recruited by one of India’s Tier-1 law firms. She personified not just the ideal student but also embodied the right mix of charm and cheerfulness. Also known as a dynamic all-rounder, Pranita touched everyone’s lives by becoming a major source of inspiration and delight.
- Code of Conduct for CoC: Fall of CoC Supremacy?
- The Zee-Sony Marriage: Concerns in Corporate Governance
- The Proposed “Promoter to “Person in Control Approach of SEBI: A Welcome Change?
- Section 29A of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016: Corporate Governance in the aftermath of CIRP
- Safe Harbour Protection Directive for E-Commerce Platforms: On the touchstone of IT Rules
- Interplay between G7’s Globe Minimum Tax Rate and Corporate Governance in India
- Registration Deadline: December 25, 2021 [11:59 PM]
- Submission Deadline: January 9, 2021 [11.59 PM]
Winners shall be awarded the following prize money:
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000/
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/
- Third Prize: Rs 10,000/
- Publication with JCLG: The winning essay will also be published in the well-reputed on Corporate Law Governance [JCLG”]. and Journal
- Internship with IndusLaw: Top three winners of the Competition will also get the opportunity to intern with IndusLaw.
- Merit Certificates: Top ten submissions will also be given merit certificates.
- Submission shall be made only in MS Word format (.doc/docx). PDF form shall not be accepted.
- Formatting Guidelines:
- Font and Size of Main Text and Footnote. Times New Roman, 12 Point for main text, and Times New Roman, 10 Point for footnotes.
- Size and Alignment: A4 Size with 1 Inch Margin; all text except headings justified.
- Footnoting: The participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
- Spacing: Submission should be 1.5 spaced (except footnotes which may be single spaced).
- Word Limit: Word limit of the submission is 2000 3000 words (excluding abstract and footnotes). Abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- Plagiarism: Any submission that is found to be plagiarized beyond 25% shall be disqualified from the competition.
- Anonymity: Participant shall not include his/her name in the submission’s text in any form
- Co-Authorship: Allowed upto 2 co-authors
- Any previously published entry would not be permitted. Copyright of the submission shall remain with CLS.
- In case of any conflicts, CLS shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
- In case a participant is submitting an assignment/project, which has been submitted to their university’s Turnitin repository, CLS requires the participants to submit the associated Turnitin report via email indicating that the plagiarism percent is less than 25%.
- No registration fee is required to participate in the competition.
Registration and Submission Procedure
Click here to register for the essay competition.
Click here to make the submission.
In case of any queries, CLS may be reached out at [email protected] OR
Khushi Maheshwari (Convenor): +91 908-232-9527