About the Conference
The Conference aims to provide an international platform for scholars across multiple social science disciplines to come together, and share their research on victim rights, services for victims and other victimological research.
The Conference will provide an opportunity to interact with academics, researchers, law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, judges and policy makers from around the world.
The plenary sessions of the conference will include lectures by notable experts in the field. The conference will also provide an opportunity for young and senior scholars alike to network, share knowledge and keep track of the current trends and concerns in victimological research.
Theme of the Conference
The main theme of the Conference is, “Victimization of the Vulnerable in the Criminal Justice System: Issues and Challenges”. We invite papers relating to victimological research (theoretical/empirical) on the following themes:
- Gender and Vulnerabilities
- Children, in particular issues of Child Labour, Child Trafficking, Child Sexual Abuse, Sentencing of Juveniles and appropriate processes for trial of Juveniles
- Violence and Victimization of the Elderly and Response of Criminal Justice Administration
- Poverty and the Criminal Justice System, National and International Norms for early release of Under Trial Prisoners
- Victims’ Voices in Criminal Justice System, Witness Protection System and its Challenges
- Victims of Cybercrimes
- Persons with Disabilities and Victimization
- Development induced Displacement, Violence and Victimization
- Communal Violence, Victimization and Repairing the Harm
- Last date for submission of Abstracts: 15th October, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: 20th October, 2015
- Last date for the submission of full paper: 31st December, 2015
Authors who wish to present their work at the conference are requested to submit an abstract on or before 15th October, 2015 between 400 and 500 words (Font Size – 12pt, Font Style – Times New Roman) to [email protected] or;
By post to Mr. Sanjit Kumar Chakraborty, Coordinator, ISV Conference 2016, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), “Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan”, 12 LB Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, PIN – 700098.
Till 31st October 2015: Rs. 2500/- for Indian Nationals and US $ 100 for Foreign Nationals.
From 1st November 2015 to 31st December 2015: Rs. 3000/- for Indian Nationals and US $ 150 for Foreign Nationals
Accompanying persons: Rs. 2000/- (for food and beverages on the days of the conference)
For Students (on production of certificate from the head of the relevant institution)
Till 31st October 2105: Rs. 1500/- for Indian Nationals and US $ 100 for Foreign Nationals.
From 1st November 2015 to 31st December 2015: Rs. 2000/- for Indian Nationals and US $ 150 for Foreign Nationals.
Note the only 50 students shall be accommodated, on a first come first serve basis. However, preferences will be given to those students who have full papers to present.
Spot registration will not be available under any circumstances.
Guidelines for Registration and Registration Form can be accessed from here.