About the institutions and courses
Single online applications are invited for admission to 1st Semester of 5-year B.A.LL.B. Course for the academic session 2019-2020 here for the under mentioned affiliated institutions.
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus): Number of seats are 120
- Surendranath Law College, Kolkata: Number of seats are 120
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, Kolkata: Number of seats are 120
- South Calcutta Law College, Kolkata: Number of seats are 120
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed), Aamtala, Jayrampur, N.D.Road, South-24 Parganas: Number of seats are 120
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram, South-24 Parganas: Number of seats are 120
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas: Number of seats are 120
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed), Kolkata: Number of seats are 120
- George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly: Number of seats are 120
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah: Number of seats are 120
- Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata: Number of seats are 120
- Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed) Alipore Body Guard Lines, Kolkata: Number of seats are 60 (80% of seats reserved for the eligible wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police).
- L. J. D. Law College (Self-financed), Falta Nainan Road, PO – Sahararhat, Vill Punnya, PS-Falta 24 Parganas (South): Number of seats are 240
- Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta in the year 2017 – 2019 (for General); 2015 – 2019 (for SC/ST) and 2012 – 2019(for PWD) only.
- 10+2 Level Marks obtained from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta: GENERAL: At least 45% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
SC/ST/PERSON WITH DISABILITY (Disability 40% or more): At least 40% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
Candidate passed 10+2 from the Board other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE, Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya and NIOS must be obtained “EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, (Equivalence Section) University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a written application in plain paper with relevant photocopy of 10+2 Mark Sheet.
A certificate will be required at the time of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before the online application submission.
Foreign Student: Foreign National with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board have to apply in writing to the undersigned mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree.
After preliminary verification, they may be called for an interview. If qualified in the interview the equivalence certificate has to be collected. After getting equivalency clearance a provisional list will be prepared for approval of Vice-Chancellor, C.U. Lastly selected candidates will get admission with all required documents.
Foreign National with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian universities/boards candidates may also apply as like other Indian national candidates.
General category: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only).
SC/ST/PWD categories: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two hundred fifty only).
How to apply?
To apply, click here.
- Online Form Submission: 01/6/2019 to 19/6/2019
- Application Fees Payment (Through Bill Desk): by Debit Card /Credit Card/Net Banking: From 01/6/2019 to 20/6/2019
- Online Admit Card Download: 25/6/2019 to 29/6/2019
- Entrance Test: 30/6/2019 (Sunday)
Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity: 05/7/2019.
E-Counselling 1st Phase: 09/7/2019 5 P.M. onwards
E-Counselling 2nd Phase: 17/7/2019 5 P.M. onwards
E-Counselling 3rd Phase: 26/7/2019 5 P.M. onwards
Online Admission Slip Download: After each Phase of E-Counselling
Admission 1st Phase: 10/7/19 to 12/7/19
Admission 2nd Phase: 18/7/19 to 22/7/19
Admission 3rd Phase: 27/7/19 to 31/7/19
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.