Sathyabama School of Law is organizing the 4th National Debate Competition in Offline Mode on July 8, 2022.
About Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally renowned center for research and teaching in law. School of law is dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the Debate Competition
A debate is a discussion or structured contest about an issue or a resolution. A formal debate involves two sides: “one supporting the resolution and one opposing it”.Such a debate is bound by the rules mentioned in the brochure.
Debates may be judged in order to declare a winning side. It is an indispensable characteristic of an individual that makes him put forward his perspective in analyzing the situation.
A. Composition and Eligibility
All students studying in any Undergraduate program are eligible to register.
B. Structure of the Competition
There shall be a preliminary round, a semi-final, and a final round. Depending upon the number of participants registered the organizers will decide the number of preliminary rounds [(i.e.) to have one or two preliminary rounds] at their own discretion.
- Preliminary Round: 5 Minutes (Each Speaker)
- Semi-Final: 5 Minutes (Each Speaker)
- Final Round: 7 Minutes (Each Speaker)
C. Time Allotment
- Preliminary Round: A video/audio recording of three minutes must be sent to the organizers.
- Semi-Finals: The speaker will not be allowed to speak for more than 3 Minutes.
- Final Round: Each qualified finalist will be given 5 minutes to Speak.
Note: No accommodation or transportation services will be provided.
- Preliminary Round: “Is India consistently failing the test of being a democracy”.
- Semi-Finals: “Whether New National Education Policy will bring revolutionary changes in the Education System?”
- Final Round: “Is Agneepath Scheme a masked socio-political issue?”
- Winner: Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Runner: Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Best speaker Award: Certificate of Merit
- Participation Certificates will be given to all the participants.
Sathyabama School of Law Campus, Ground Floor Auditorium, Library
In case of queries, please write at email@example.com or contact the faculty coordinator, Dr. T. Ambika, (Assistant professor) on +91 97869 63697 or the student coordinator, Mr. C. G. Eeshwaa on +91 63835 50954