The Moot Court Society of VIT School of Law, VIT Chennai Campus is proud to present to you the 3rd VITSOL National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law to be held from 19th – 21st March, 2021.
The VIT School of Law (VITSOL), the progeny of VIT University is one of the best Law Colleges in Chennai. It entered the legal arena in 2014, aiming at high goals to be achieved. The Law School aims to impart quality legal education to nourish the young minds with the knowledge of the law, teach them the nuances of the legal profession and equip them to the nitty-gritty of the profession. As one of the best Law Colleges in Chennai, VITSOL believes in continuous and active learning simultaneously with practical training.
About the Opportunity
The Moot Court Society of VIT School of Law, VIT Chennai Campus is organizing the 3rd VITSOL National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law to be held from 19th – 21st March 2021.
- Registration: On or before 25th February 2021
- Moot Proposition Clarification: On or before 4th March 2021
- Soft Copy of Memorials: On or before 11th March 2021 (11:59 PM)
- Competition: 19th – 21st March, 2021
Theme and Date
The Competition shall be conducted in English language only.
The Competition is open for students pursuing a three or five-year LL.B Degree Course from any recognized College/University/Law School subject to the fulfillment of registration formalities.
- Each Team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members.
- Every Team shall consist of two speakers and a maximum of one researcher.
- Teams from each Participating Institution are requested to fill the Registration Form at the given link in order to confirm their participation. Click here to register.
- The registration fees shall be Rs. 2500/- per team.
- The amount shall not be refunded for any cause.
- The registration fees of Rs. 2500/- shall be paid through the following link: https://vitchennaievents.com/
- Teams will be registered upon receipt of online payment of Rs. 2550/-
- Teams that are registered according to the rule above will be provided with a Team Code, which will be intimated to the official E-mail ID.
- The details provided in the registration form shall be final for the purposes of certificates and awards.
- Team shall not be allowed to change the speakers and the researcher after registration
Memorial Evaluation and Qualification
- The Team must send a Soft Copy of their memorial for evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late submission shall attract a penalty of one point per side (Applicant and Respondent) for every 12-hour delay subject to a maximum delay of 2 days.
- Memorial submitted as per the above two points will be considered for evaluation.
Awards and Prizes
- Winning Team Award: A trophy and a cash prize
- Runners-up Team Award: A trophy and a cash prize
- Best Memorial: A trophy and a cash prize
- Best Speaker: A trophy and a certificate
- Participation Certificates will be provided to the Team with the Second-Best
- Memorial, Second Best Speaker.
- Participation Certificates will be provided for all the participants
- Parvathi Suresh: +91- 7010023522
- Kishandhan: +91- 7010308348
- Dhikshana Subburaj: +91- 733902313
- Shivani Sree: +91- 7550171306
- E-Mail ID: chennai.vitsolmcs[at]vit.ac.in. Mails would be replied to within 24 hours of receipt.
- Queries Regarding Propositions should only be sent to the E-Mail Address of the Moot Court Society. Phone calls will not be entertained.
Note: For the Rules and Moot Proposition, click on the link below.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.