This conference is an endeavor to invite views from cross section of the stakeholders on the pressing issue of data protection and its various aspects and while learning from the labyrinth of purported conclusions reached in the recent past by courts, regulators, technocrats and commentators on these issues, churn out a few testable hypothesis or notions for their resolution going ahead.
In this conference, academicians, professionals, practitioners, scholars, students, academic bodies, government bodies, civil society organizations from both legal and technical sides etc. are encouraged to participate.
The conference is going to be held in College of Legal Studies, UPES, at Knowledge Acres, Kandoli in the city of Dehradun.
Kandoli is located in Sahaspur Tehsil in Dehradun District of Uttarakhand State, India.
It is 16 Km from the Dehradun Railway Station, 20 Km from Dehradun Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT) and 40 Km from Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
Kandoli has preserved its serenity because it is free of the ills of urbanization and is absolutely pollution free. Some notable attractions around Kandoli are availability of stream water, widespread forest area, and cohabitation of natives with wildlife.
Last Date for Abstract Submission: 1st July, 2017
Confirmation of Abstract: 15th July, 2017
Registration Open: 16th July to 15th August, 2017
Date for paper submission: 20th July to 20th August, 2017
Date of Conference: 1st and 2nd September, 2017
Themes and Sub Themes
This edition of the conference is focused on “The Road ahead in Data Protection: National and International Perspectives”.
Sub themes are HERE.
All abstracts must be submitted by filling up the registration form.
Registration form is HERE.
• The abstracts will be reviewed by our committee and only the selected participants will be allowed to submit the full paper.
• The abstract shall not be more than 300 words.
• Include up to 6 keywords or phrases.
• All submitted papers will be peer reviewed. The mode of submitting the final paper will be informed to the selected participants via e-mail.
• The full paper shall be in English only.
• The preferred length of the paper is 4000 words (including footnotes) with maximum going up to 6000 words.
• Page size should be A4, in a single column format with 2.5 cm margin on both sides and single line spacing.
• Pages should be numbered on the top right hand side. Do not mention page numbers in your text as these may change.
• Figures and tables should be placed as close to their reference point in the text as possible. All figures and tables must be numbered, have titles and must be referenced from within the text.
• Follow a uniform style of citation throughout the paper.
• Participants are required to submit the full paper in the MS Word format and no other.
• Selected papers would be published in “UPES Journal of Law and Technology”.
Indian Delegates: INR 3000
Foreign Delegates: USD 50
Paper presentation (UPES Students): INR 1000
Attendees: INR 500
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Rachiyta Jain (9457138949)
Mr. Nitish Chandan (8394029559)
For further details, click HERE.