GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam, is organising the Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi 3rd National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2022 from September 2 to 4, 2022.
About the Institute
GITAM School of Law a private law school is one of the constituent institutions of GITAM (Deemed to be a University), situated at Rushikonda in Visakhapatnam in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
The law school offers 5 Year Integrated BA.LLB (Hons), BBA.LLB (Hons) and One Year LL.M programs with specialization in IPR & Cyber Law, Corporate Law, and International Law & WTO approved by the
Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi.
This School of Law was established in 2012 by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, commonly known as GITAM Deemed to be University, Main Campus at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
About GITAM Moot and Advocacy Committee
GITAM Moot and Advocacy Committee (GMAC) has been set up in 2019. The primary objective of this Committee is to provide students with an opportunity to develop their interpersonal and advocacy skills.
It recognizes that a student’s participation in academic exercises like Moot Court Competitions enhances their art of research and oratory skills while preparing them to face the reality of a courtroom.
The Committee has successfully conducted the GITAM Regional Moot Court Competition in July 2019. Further, Dr M.V.V.S. National Moot Court Competition on Space Law, 2020 and the 2nd National Virtual Moot Court Competition in 2021 which had participants from colleges across the country.
About the Moot Court
The GITAM School of Law is organising the Dr M.V.V.S. Murthi 3rd National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2022 from Spetember 2 to 4, 2022.
The competition is open to students currently enrolled in LLB and LLM Courses in India. No more than one team may represent an institution.
Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two students and a maximum of three students, with two speakers and one researcher (as needed).
- The Winning Team shall be awarded a Cash Prize of INR 50,000/- and an e-Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Runner-Up Team shall be awarded a Cash prize of INR 25,000/- and an e-Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Memorial shall be awarded a Cash prize of INR 10,000/- and an e-Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Speaker shall get a Cash Prize of INR 10,000/-and e-Certificate of Appreciation of Merit. The best Speaker shall be evaluated on the basis of performance in preliminary rounds.
- The Best Researcher shall get a Cash Prize of INR 10,000/- and an e-Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- All the members of the teams that entered into Quarter Final and Semi Final shall be awarded e-Certificates of Appreciation of Merit.
- All the members of the other participating teams shall be awarded e-Certificates of Participation.
The wire transfer/NEFT must be made to:
- Name of Account: M/s. SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS SCHOOL OF LAW
- Union Bank Account No: 761302010000486
- IFSC Code: UBIN0576131
- Branch: GIMSR Branch, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045
- UPI ID: [email protected]
Please find the Moot Proposition, Rules, and Regulations, Awards for the Winners, Important dates, etc. in the Brochure attached to the mail.
- Last Date for Registration: August 15, 2022
- Deadline for payment of Registration fee: August 20, 2022
- Last date to seek clarifications on Problems: August 25, 2022
- Deadline for submission of soft copy of Memorials: August 31, 2022
- Oral Rounds: September 2 to 4, 2022
Schedule of Events
- Registration and Inauguration: September 1, 2022
- Preliminary Round: September 2, 2022
- Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals: September 3, 2022
- Finals and Valedictory: September 4, 2022
Note: This is a Sponsored Post