About the Organisation
The University of Lucknow or Lucknow University is a government-owned Indian research university based in Lucknow. Founded in 1867, the University of Lucknow is one of the oldest government-owned institutions of higher education in India.
The Lucknow University Moot Court Association is the institution’s student committee entrusted with fostering, administering, and facilitating mooting activities and upholding the benchmark of excellence that Lucknow University has set for itself.
Established in 2012 with the view to promote oral advocacy skills and legal writing techniques. The association has been successfully organizing moot court competitions year after year.
About the Moot
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organising the 3rd Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial Moot Court Competition.
Date: 14th to 16th February 2020
Team Composition and Eligibility
- Students pursuing the Three or Five Year courses of the LL.B. Degree or its equivalent in the academic year 2018 – 2019 from any recognized Law School/College/University in India are eligible to participate.
- Any recognized Law School/College/University shall be entitled to send only 1 (one) team to the Competition.
- The participating team shall comprise a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In a team of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member of the team shall be designated as a Researcher.
- No additional member or team coach is allowed to accompany the team.
The registration process will start from 15th November 2019. Institutions must complete their registration by sending an e-mail to mcclucknowuniv[at]gmail.com, latest by January 10, 2020 (23:59 Hrs IST). The e-mail should include a scanned
copy of the duly filled registration and travel and accommodation form and details of payment.
The subject of the email should be “NATIONAL MOOT COURT REGISTRATION”.
The last date to submit a hard copy of the Registration Form along with the Travel and Accommodation Form is February 05, 2020.
The Registration Fee is Rs. 6,000 for teams with accommodation and Rs. 4,500 without accommodation.
Mode of Payment
The payment can be made through BHIM UPI/GOOGLE PAY/PAYTM
The registration fee is to be paid to the following: MOBILE NUMBER: 7275260631
- Last Date of Registration: 10th January 2020
- Last date of Submission of Memorial in soft copy: 30th January 2020
- Last date of Submission of Memorial in hard copy: 5th February 2020
For any further clarification or assistance, feel free to contact:
Gaurav Gupta: 7905826049 (Convener, LUMA)
Muskan Agarwal: 9044925553 (Co-Convener, LUMA)
Harshita Rajnish: 8052895424 (Co-Convener, LUMA)
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rules and regulations, click here.
For the brochure, click here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner of this event.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.