About the Institute and Moot
National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam is a premier law institute in Guwahati, Assam. It is the only NLU in entire North East Region, thus has an inherent responsibility to bring to the light the prominent legal issues of North-East India. The “Vox Anatolis” NMCC was conceptualised in this regard.
“Vox Anatolis” means the voice of the east. National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam had organised the first edition of this Moot Court Competition back in March 2019. Back then, the subject of the Moot was the constitutionality of the Citizenship Amendment Act. When India was oblivion to CAA, we had made it the subject matter of our moot court competition.
This time around the subject of their moot is NRC and the rights of detained foreigners, which is perhaps the next big conundrum that is going to appear in the legal and political horizon of India.
The Moot Court Competition is open to all students enrolled in a fulltime Undergraduate Law course provided by a recognised College/Institution/University in India. An institute shall be represented by only one team and the maximum team cap is 30.
A team shall comprise of at least 2 members and shall not comprise of more than 3 members. In case of a two-member team, one of the speakers will be allowed to take the researcher’s test.
The Moot Court Competition will take place in Guwahati, Assam in the National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam.
Registration Procedure and Fees
Institutions should provisionally register themselves by sending an email to voxanatolis[at]gmail.com on or before 6th February 2020 (23:59 hours IST) with “Participation” as the subject. Upon receiving the email, the Organising Committee will send a confirmation mail.
The teams may further complete the registration by making a payment of Rs. 3500/- only in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, NLUJAA, Assam”, payable at Guwahati. Registration shall be successful upon submission of soft copy of the duly filled registration form along with a scanned copy of the demand draft.
- Deadlines: Moot Problem Release Date: 9th January 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 6th February 2020
- Last Date to seek Clarification regarding Moot Problem: 18th February 2020
- Release of List of Clarifications: 20th February 2020
- Last Date of Submission of Soft Copy of Memorandum: 1st March 2020
- Submission of Hard Copy of Memorandum: 6th March 2020 (at the venue of the competition).
- Competition: 6th to 8th March 2020
- Aviral Vats (Convener): +91 8178157688
- Manisha Bharati: 9557137066
- Sudarshan Goswami: 8876946226
- Shrestha Banerjee: 8723998954