About the Organisation
Jagran Lakecity University is located in Bhopal and is a fully government approved state university established by Government of Madhya Pradesh by Act No 22 of 2013 and is recognized by UGC under section 2 of Act, 1956.
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation in Law, SAARCLAW, is an association of the legal communities of the SAARC countries comprising judges, lawyers, academicians, law teachers, public officers and a host of other law-related persons, duly registered with the SAARC Secretariat at Kathmandu and awarded the status of a Regional Apex Body of SAARC.
About the Moot
2nd SAARCLAW-JLU MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2020 (IV edition of JLU Moot court competition) is going to be organized by Jagran Lakecity University, School of Law from 14th to 16th February 2020
Students pursuing 3 years/5 years undergraduate LLB degree course are eligible to participate in this competition. Only one team can participate in each institution.
- The team composition, for the competition, shall comprise of either two members (being designated as Speakers ) OR three members (two of them shall be designated as Speakers and one Researcher).
- A fourth or third team member can participate as Observer, subject to the payment of Registration fees for Observer. The Observer will not be permitted to argue as Speaker in any case whatsoever.
- Each team must have a minimum of one participant as a female speaker.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of illness or any unforeseen event, but the permission of the Moot Court Convener in such case shall be mandatory.
Participation and Registration Procedure
Teams must register by January 2, 2020, by sending an email to mcc.sol[at]jlu.edu.in with the subject “Registration for SAARCLAW JLU Moot Court Competition 2020”.
On receiving the registrations, 40 teams will be allowed to participate in the Competition on First come-First serve basis. The same will be notified immediately to the respective teams through electronic mail.
Selected teams must confirm their participation by January 7, 2020, by sending an email to mcc.sol[at]jlu.edu.in along with a scanned copy of Registration form, Demand Draft and Travel details form. Each Team shall be allotted a Team Code upon confirmation of participation.
The duly filled in hard copies of the Registration Form along with a demand draft of INR 6000/- (Indian Rupees Six Thousand Only) or US $70( US Dollar seventy only for foreign teams) must reach the Organizers latest by January 17, 2020.
In case the team comprises of an observer also, the amount for the demand draft shall be INR 7,500/- (Indian Rupees Seven Thousand Five Hundred Only). The demand draft will have to be made in favour of ‘Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal’ payable at Bhopal.
The participating teams must send their Registration Forms accompanied by demand draft and travel plan only through Speed Post. The teams shall solely be responsible for any kind of delay in receipt of Registration Form. The Registration Form along with Demand Draft and Travel Plan should be sent to the following address:
Prof. (Dr.) Yogendra Kumar Srivastava: S-643, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal-462003 (M.P.) India
- OCTOBER 06, 2019: Release of Proposition
- JANUARY 01, 2020: Last dates for teams to apply for provisional registration
- JANUARY 07, 2020: Last date for registration via e-mail along with details of payment
- JANUARY 17, 2020: Last date for submission of hard copies of the registration form and travel plan by post
- JANUARY 18, 2020: Last date for seeking clarifications
- JANUARY 25, 2020: Release of clarifications
- FEBRUARY 1, 2020: Submission of soft copies of memorials
- FEBRUARY 8, 2020: Last date for submission of hard copies of memorials
- FEBRUARY 14, 2020: Inaugural of SAARCLAW JLU Moot Court Competition,2020
- FEBRUARY 15, 2020: Preliminary & Quarter Finals Rounds & Researcher’sTest
- FEBRUARY 16, 2020: Semi-Finals, Final Round & Valedictory
Clarification regarding the moot procedure can be sought from:
- Mr. Omkareshwar Pathak, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, +91-7223004927
- Mr. Deevanshu Shrivastava, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, +91-9329285959
- Mr. Ayush Malviya, Student Convener, B.B.A.LL.B., 5th Year, +91-8103658450
Clarification regarding travel and accommodation can be sought from:
- Ms. Apoorva Dixit, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, +91-9893088822
- Mr. Rohit Mishra, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, +91-8103238755
- Umang Mehta, Student Co-Convener, B.A.LL.B., 4th Year, +91-74155637783
Clarification regarding proposition be mailed to: mcc.sol[at]jlu.edu.in