The NLIU Law Review is the flagship law journal of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal. It is a bi-annual, student-edited law journal with an aim to promote a culture of scholarly research and academic writing among students by publishing articles on subjects of interest to the legal profession and academia.
India Foundation is a research centre based in Delhi, focused on the issues, challenges and opportunities of the Indian polity. It publishes two journals- (a) Aakrosh: Asian Journal on terrorism and internal conflicts; and (b) India Foundation Journal.
NLIU Law Review in collaboration with India Foundation invites research article for the 2nd NLIU-India Foundation Constitutional Law Symposium, which is to be held on 14th -15th March 2020. The event consists of a paper presentation competition and multiple panel discussions held over a period of two days.
Students currently pursuing an LL.B. (Hons)/LL.B/LL.M from a recognised university are eligible to send in entries.
The manuscripts will be subjected to review by the Editorial Board of the Review. Manuscripts selected by the Technical and Content Review Boards of the Review will be sent for an External Peer Review. The short-listing of the top ten manuscripts will be done on the basis of the evaluation of the Editorial Board and the Peers of the Review. On the confirmation of the participation in the paper presentation competition of the Symposium, the shortlisted manuscripts will be published in a special issue of Volume IX of the Review. No publication fee will be charged.
The paper submissions and presentations by the author(s) must be strictly original, in conformity with the broader theme of “Contemporary Constitutional Law Issues in India”. A suggestive list of topics has been provided below in order to aid the participants; however, participants are free to include any issue(s) within the main theme.
- Impact of statutory developments on constitutional rights
- Critical Analysis of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019
- Constitutionality of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2019
- Nature of the federal structure of India
- Independence of the judiciary and judicial appointments
- Any other constitutional law topic with contemporary relevance in India
Manuscripts should be within 5000-8000 words. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) between individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. The manuscripts must be of a highly analytical nature wherein the author(s) arrive at a definite conclusion on the subject-matter at hand.
Abstract: Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words. This is inclusive of the above mentioned word limit of 5000-8000 words.
Citations: Citations must conform to the standards laid down in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20TH, 2015).
Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting in the manuscripts is not permitted. Kindly note that the word limit is inclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly advised.
- The following format must be strictly adhered to for all the submissions:
- Title: Times New Roman, size-15, Bold, 2.0 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Abstract: Times New Roman, size-11, italicised, 1.5 line spacing, justified, Margins of 2.0.
- Main Body: Times New Roman, size 12, 1.15 line spacing, justified.
- Heading: Times New Roman, size 14, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size 13, Italicised, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, size 10, 1.0 line spacing, justified.
- Margins: One inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides.
The winner(s) – prize money of Rs, 20, 000/-
The second-best participant(s): prize money of Rs. 15,000/-
The third best participant(s): prize money of Rs. 10,000/-
The best manuscript: prize money of Rs. 5,000/-
- Final Date of Submission of Manuscripts: February 5th, 2020
- Declaration of Shortlisted Manuscripts: February 28th, 2020
- Paper Presentation Competition: March 14th, 2020
- Prize Distribution Ceremony: March 15th, 2020
Note: There is no publication fee.
In case of any query related to the Symposium, please contact us via email at lawreview[at]nliu.ac.in or on the following contact numbers:
Divyam Sharma (Editor-in-Chief) : +91-9407474939
Saumya Agarwal (Managerial Board Head): +91-8169328618
Doorva Tripathi (Content Review Board Head): +91-9131909953
For WhatsApp related queries, contact:
Utsav Garg (Member, Managerial Board): +91-9650101793
Anoushka Ishwar (Member, Content Review Board): +91-8879498658