School of Legal Studies and Governance, Career Point University of Hamirpur is organizing its 2nd National Judgment Writing Competition.
About the University
Located in the lap of nature, the Career Point University was established by the Government of Himachal Pradesh Act No 12 of 2012 under Sec 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956. The University is recognized by UGC and is a member of AIU. The courses run by the university are approved by UGC, HPPERC, HP Government, BCI, and PCI. There are Five Schools and thirteen departments imparting education from undergraduate level up to doctoral level.
Career Point University follows the world’s best IIT-Education system to support every student to realize their potential with the experiential approach in academics. Thousands of young students have already made Career Point University as their first choice for their higher education to give thrust to their career. University offers a personal approach to address every student’s need. The University works with a mission to provide quality education and help students excel in all walks of life.
About the School of Legal Studies and Governance
The School of Legal Studies and Governance was set up in 2014 with the BALLB program. Later the School took a leap by starting LLM and Ph.D. programs. Presently the School has one department and one division. The School of Legal Studies and Governance is committed to providing career-oriented quality legal education to students. In a short span of five years, the School of Legal Studies and Governance has become a preferred destination for the students who wish to make a mark in the law field. The regular classroom teaching is supplemented by case studies and simulation exercises. The School derives its strength from qualified and experienced faculty which is complimented by a well equipped departmental library. Located in a rural area, imparting free legal aid forms an important component of teaching.
School of Legal Studies and Governance, Career Point University Hamirpur (H.P) Organizing the 2nd Online Judgment Writing Competition, 2021.
The Judgment writing competition entails to capture the art of decision making in budding lawyers aspiring to join the reputed judicial services and to unfold the dynamic role of the Judges in relation to society.
The judgment writing competition involves a comprehensive approach towards law in terms of theory and implication of law. The legal arguments on facts and situation with legal precedents and reasoning pave way for judgment writing. This shall be an online event.
Rules & Regulations
Guidelines and essential information for the Online Judgment Writing Competition- 2021 are as under:
|Last Date of Registration||22 Feb 2021|
|Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition||22 Feb 2021|
|Releasing of Individual Codes||23 Feb 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies||28 Feb 2021|
|Results||2 March 2021|
Note: Kindly note that the timeline is tentative and subject to change.
- The submission is open to all Law Students registered in Graduate/Post Graduate Course in any Institution/ College/ University.
- The students can register themselves as a team of 2 or may also seek single registration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
- Language: The language for writing the judgment shall be in English only.
- Word limit: Maximum of 5000 words (including footnotes).
- Main Text: Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Mode: Any uniform method of citation is allowed.
- Page numbers must be at the bottom center.
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of the participant’s institution, and the names of the student author, with the signature of the student author.
- The Judgment Writing shall begin on the next page. The first page of Judgment must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgment, Nature of the Case (Civil/Criminal/Writ).
- Do not state any matter in the judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or of your institution.
- All the Judgments must be saved and sent as PDF file. The title of the file must be in the following format CPUH_JWC_ TEAM CODE.
- The participants who register for the event shall be provided with a Unique Registration Code which shall be used for all further communication and submission of the write-up.
- The write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be the original work of the participants.
- The write-up must be submitted in both Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- The write-up must be sending on Google form link. (The link will be shared on 23 Feb 2021 by E-Mail)
|Arrangement of Facts||5 marks|
|Issues Addressed||10 Marks|
|Knowledge and Use of Legal Principles||20 Marks|
|Precedents Used||5 Marks|
|Format and Language||5 Marks|
|Style of Writing||5 Marks|
How to Register?
Register through the link given at the end of this post.
- Registration Fee: Rs.500 /- For Single Author (Non-Refundable)
- Registration Fee: Rs.850 /- For Two Authors (Non-Refundable)
Mode of Payment & Details
The participation fee is payable by the participants through Online Payment (NEFT/IMPS) (Kindly keep the copy of the transaction safely and mentioned the same with the registration form)
- Name of the Bank: Punjab National Bank
- Bank Branch: Kharwar
- Name of the Account Holder/ Name of Payee: Chairman Conferences, Career Point University, Hamirpur (HP)
- Bank Account Number: 2993000101041956
- IFS CODE: PUNB0299300
The decision of the jury shall be final and binding. The decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in interpretation of any rules or for any query or otherwise.
For any further information/clarification, kindly send an email to sanjeev.law[at]cpuh.edu.in or contact Mr. Himanshu 8988758951 Ms Venika 7876187241
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.