About Indian Mediation Week and Essay Writing
Indian Mediation Week is India’s largest student-run access to justice campaign run by ODRways(rebranded as SAMA) with support from WBNUJS, Kolkata, NITI Aayog, Union Ministry of Law & Justice, Government of India and Supreme Court Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee.
The Indian Mediation Week (IMW) is organising the 2nd edition of the IMW Mediation Essay Writing Competition 2019-20.
Registration Deadline: 2359 hours, December 25th, 2019
Submission Deadline: 2359 hours, January 26th, 2020
The application is open to all working professionals, research scholars, and students currently enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate courses at any recognized university/college/school/academy/any other equivalent institution located in any country which is currently eligible to take part in the Olympics.
SUB-THEMES (Any one of the Following)
- Mediation in cases of Intellectual Property Right disputes
- Impact of insertion of Section 12A of the Commercial Courts Act
- Exploring the Ethical Conundrum and feasibility of the process in Domestic violence cases
- Exploring the Ethical Conundrum and feasibility of the process in Sexual Harassment claims
- Mediation in the Israel Palestine conflict
- Mediating the Brexit deal between the United Kingdom and the European Union
- Mediating the development of the Canadian Keystone XL Pipeline and the rights of the indigenous people.
- How to deal with the devil: Exploring Mediation as an effective mechanism to resolve religious disputes?
AWARD and INCENTIVES
Cash Prizes worth over Rs. 22,000 (First prize : ₹ 10,000, Second Prize: ₹ 7,000, and Third Prize: ₹ 5,000 cash);
20 Assured Internship Opportunities to authors of top 25 entries:
- AZB & Partners, J Sagar Associates, and Trilegal (One slot each)
- Centre for Advanced Mediation Practice (CAMP) (ADR Internship- Two slots)
- High Court Judge (Judicial Internship- Two slots)
- Think India and Adhyayam Foundation for Policy & Research (Litigation and Policy Internships- Thirteen slots)
Publication of top 20 entries on The IMW Post plus publication of the top three essays for all the eight sub-themes even if they are not included among the top 20 entries.
“Mediation Skills Course” by Mr. Bruce Edwards worth Rs. 24,500/- for free: Two Slots!
All participants will be eligible to take part in a Freelance writing screening test (with no extra cost or registration fees) which shall be organised by SAMA in February 2020. The purpose of the test will be to hire 4-6 Freelance writers to write on issues of law and commerce at a monthly pay of ₹ 2,500 to 3,000 during the period of April 2020 to March 2021.
Recognition of top three colleges from each zone (North, North-East, South, East, and West) based on the overall performance of students in the Competition.
All participants shall be rewarded with participation certificates.
Registration deadline: 25th December 2019. Please note that no application for registration shall be entertained after the deadline.
The registration fee for the competition is as follows:
- Single Author: Rs. 1200 (total)
- Co-authorship (two authors- can be from different colleges): Rs. 1800 (total)
- Co-authorship (three authors- can be from different colleges): Rs. 2400 (total)
Note: In the memory of Prof. Shamnad Basheer and to recognise the work of Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA) Trust done with the constitutional spirit of Social Justice and Equality, we are more than glad to offer a 100% waiver on registration fees to all the current IDIA Scholars (Batch 2020-2024).
Registration Link: CLICK HERE
- Account Name: Anshuman Panigrahi
- Account number: 20355879418
- Name of Bank: State Bank of India,
- IFSC Code: SBIN0010928
- Branch: Pokhariput
Google Pay: Number: 9778888779, ianshupanigrahi[at]oksbi
- Nihal Tandon: 9554831887 (Calls and Whatsapp)
- Aadya Chaturvedi: 9818272681 (Calls and Whatsapp)
- Shubhangi Rai: 7985373930 (Calls and Whatsapp)
- Avnish Kumar Singh: 7903629219 (Whatsapp only)
- Anshuman Panigrah: 9778888779 (Whatsapp only)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.