GLC (Government Law College) Mumbai is organizing its 28th MC Chagla Memorial National Online Moot Court Competition 2021, on September 25-26, 2021.
About GLC Mumbai
The Government Law College, Mumbai, (GLC Mumbai), founded in 1855, is the oldest law school in Asia. The college, affiliated to the University of Mumbai, is run by the Government of Maharashtra.
Pratibha Patil, former President of India, and five Chief Justices of India, as well as several judges of the Supreme Court of India are alumni of the college.
About the Moot Competition
The 28th M. C. Chagla Memorial Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition is scheduled to be held on 25th and 26th September 2021.
Government Law College, Mumbai in association with the Chief Justice M. C. Chagla Memorial Trust has announced the 28th M. C. Chagla Memorial Government Law College National Moot Court Competition to be held on 25th and 26th September 2021.
The Mooting Committee of Government Law College has been hosting the M. C. Chagla Memorial Moot Court Competition for several years. It began as a city-level Moot Court Competition, which was later expanded to a state-level competition. Due to the overwhelming response that we have been receiving, the Competition, since its 18th edition, has been raised to a national platform.
The Late Mr. M. C. Chagla was appointed as the First Indian Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. He also served as the Ambassador to USA, Mexico, Cuba, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bombay, High Commissioner to England and Union Minister for Education.
Chief Justice M. C. Chagla also served as a Professor of Constitutional Law at the Government Law College for a number of years. He worked tirelessly for the causes of civil liberty, individual freedom and political democracy and this Moot Court Competition promises to be a fitting tribute to his legacy.
- Date: September 25th to 26th, 2021
- Mode: Online
- Participation is limited to 16 teams.
- All registering colleges must provisionally register themselves by sending an email to email@example.com
- Only after the provisional registration has been confirmed will a link to a Google Form and details for the payment of registration fees be provided.
- The payment of registration fees will be through NEFT in the amount of Rs. 1,800/- (Rupees one thousand eight hundred only) the details of which will be provided once the provisional registration has been confirmed.
- All teams shall be given a “team code” by the Organisers on validation of their Registration and NEFT. Thereafter the teams shall use their designated “team code” for all correspondence with the Organisers.
- The assigned “team code” must be used by the teams during the submission of Memorials and during all the Rounds of the Competition.
Submission of Memorials
All teams must send via email the soft copy of their memorials, which must be a ‘docx’ and ‘pdf’ file extension, by 11:59 p.m. IST on 3rd September, 2021 on firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject of the email must be: Memorial for “Mention Team Code”
In light of the current pandemic, we ask all teams to not send hard copies of their memorials.
The last date for registration is 7th August, 2021 .
- Registrations: Mr. Rajveer Veera (+91 91677 08965)
- Memorials: Ms. Lubaina Sutarwala (+91 96198 12699)