The 1st Virtual Prof. Anil Kumar Thakur Memorial National Debate Competition is organised by Panjab University, Chandigarh on March 15, 2022.
About the Organiser
The Department of Laws, Panjab University originally established in 1889 at Lahore, was re-established at University Campus at Chandigarh in 1959.
Its Alumni include Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, Union Cabinet Ministers, State Chief Ministers, Cabinet Ministers, Ambassadors, Senior Bureaucrats, Police Officers and other legal luminaries.
About the Competition
The Department has the practice of conducting series of special lectures in memory of Justice Mehr Chand Mahajan and S. Ajit Singh Sarhadi to acknowledge their contributions in the field of law.
As a sequel to such prestigious memorial lectures, the Department of Laws is organizing its First Virtual Prof. Anil Kumar Thakur Memorial National Debate Competition to pay homage to our dear colleague, who left us for heavenly abode very untimely.
A very humble and down to earth human being, very progressive and a brilliant teacher, and a very passionate debater who always motivated and guided the students to participate in debates. In order to keep his passion for debating alive, we at the Department of Laws take pride in announcing that this debate competition.
Law is the norm of society and every individual is associated with it, thus, the topic of the competition is also relevant to the current social circumstances, which follow as “Social Media and Right to Privacy”
They hope that through this platform, students get an opportunity to share their thoughts related to the burning socio-legal topic.
Please do consider:
- This is a virtual debate competition via “Google Meet” platform.
- Each team should comprise of two members. Single member team would be considered as disqualified team.
- Team should prepare from both side of the motion. Motion would be assigned to the team prior to commencement of round in the online room.
- Only 24 teams shall be considered for Preliminary Round of the Debate Competition based on first come first registered basis. First Come First Registered means the first dully complete registration form reaching on or last date of registration till 12:00PM.
- Out of 24, top scoring 12 teams shall be advanced to Semi-Final round and top scoring 02 Teams shall be advanced to Final round.
Any student from any discipline is eligible to take part in this competition.
How to Register?
- Only 24 teams shall be considered for Preliminary Round of the Debate Competition based on first come first registered basis.
- First Come First Registered means the first dully complete registration form reaching on or last date of registration till 12:00PM. Participants have to submit a registration form via below given link along with the payment of Registration fee.
Registration Fee is INR 300/- per team.
Bank Account Details:
A/c Holder Name: HEAD DEPTT OF LAW MISC
A/c Number: 10444977656
Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA
Bank Address: PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH.
- Winner Team :Cash Prize of INR 4000/- and E-Certificate of Merit.
- Runner Up Team :Cash Prize of INR 2000/- and E-Certificate of Merit.
- Best Team :Cash Prize of INR 1500/- and E-Certificate of Merit.
- Best Debater :Cash Prize of INR 1000/- and E-Certificate of Merit.
- Last Date of Registration: 10th March 2022
- Date of Event: 15th March 2022
Prof. Supinder Kaur
Dept. of Laws, Panjab University.
Ms. Manveer Kaur (JRF) Mr. Meharpreet Singh (JRF)
7307666556 9465380918, 8360911731
Adv. Pawan (Alumnus)
Dept. of Laws, Panjab University.