About the Institute
Army Institute of Law is a private law school in Mohali, Punjab, India. The institute is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala, and is run by the Army Welfare Education Society. The institute has a moderately sized campus in Sector 68, Mohali. The hostels can house 400 students.
About the Competition
The Army Institute of Law is privileged to announce the 1st Surana and Surana and Army Institute of Law National Family Law Moot Court Competition 2020 to be hosted by the Army Institute of Law in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, from 17th January to 19th January 2020.
The competition is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year/five-year course during the current academic year.
Each team should consist of a minimum of two and maximum of three members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstance. There shall be two speakers and one researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the court and the national administrator in case of illness of the designated speaker.
Venue and date
The 1st Surana and Surana and Army Institute of Law National Family Law Moot Court Competition 2020 shall be held from 17th January to 19th January 2020 at the Army Institute of Law, Sector 68, Mohali, Punjab, 160062.
- Online registrations are open from 9 November 2019. The teams must register online by 10th December 2019. Teams will have to register online HERE. Only 28 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 14th December 2019 or earlier.
- A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/institution/university duly signed by any one of the following: Faculty-in-charge of MCS/MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year/in which semester/year of study, representing the college/ institution/ university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process (The approval letter shall be formatted on the letterhead of the participating institution/college/university.
- Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- Soft Copy of the Registration particulars, Approval letter and Receipt of the Online Payment HERE/Demand Draft of Rs.5,000/- (with accommodation) and Rs.3,500/- (without accommodation) drawn in favor of ARMY INSTITUTE OF LAW, MOHALI payable at Mohali/Chandigarh shall be sent via e-mail to mcsailmohali[at]gmail.com with the subject line 1st NATIONAL FAMILY LAW MOOT REGISTRATION latest by 20th December 2019. The participants are also required to send the hard copy of the approval/registration letter and the demand draft to The Principal, Army Institute of Law, Sector 68, Mohali, Punjab 160062, so as to reach on or before 08th January 2020.
- The participating team from local colleges/institution/university shall not be provided with accommodation by the institute.
- Dr. Puja Jaiswal: adv.pujajais[at]gmail.com
- Mrs. Jasleen Chahal: jasleenchahal01[at]gmail.com
Regarding online registration
Dr. S. Ravichandran, Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives, Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Phone numbers: 044 – 2812 0000
- Vidhatri Bharti: 08146945100
- Trisha Mukherjee: 07897761300
For the proposition, click here.
For the rules, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.