1st St. Joseph’s College of Law National Level Moot Court Competition, 2020 has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in human rights and allied areas besides developing
cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Through the first inaugural moot court competition, the college is emboldened with a vision to ‘transform the lives of people by bringing about a just and egalitarian society’ in line with its mission and vision to actively bridge law and governance through legal education.
Date of the Moot: 27th to 29th March 2020.
Venue: St. Joseph’s College of Law, Residency Road (F M Cariappa Road), Bengaluru 560025.
The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five-year course during the current academic year.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided with a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
Registration Link: click here
Last Date of Registration: 10th March 2020
Online registrations are open from 20 February 2020. The teams must register online by 10 March 2020. 1st St. Joseph’s College of Law National Level Moot Court Competition, 2020 has decided a cap of 30 teams for the National Level. The teams will be registered on first cum first serve basis with reference to the submission of the registration form and DD (Soft Copies).
Registration fees will be accepted through the online mode only, that is through NEFT/IMPS. No other payment method will be allowed. Please refer to the below account details:
- Name of the Bank: Catholic Syrian Bank
- Bank Branch: Brigade Road
- Account Number: 901012354190002
- IFSC Code: CSBK0000009
- Bank Account Holder Name: St. Joseph’s College of Law
- Bank Account Type: SB Account
Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 16 March 2020 8:00 PM or earlier. The registration fee includes accommodation of the participants from outstation colleges. Students participating from law colleges in Bengaluru will not be provided accommodation.
Once registered, the concerned registration fee would neither be refunded nor waived. All updates will be communicated to the contact person as mentioned in the registration form. It is the responsibility of the contact person to distribute and communicate any contingent updates to the team.
Ms Sneha Balraj: 9449213380
Mr Moses Raj: 9379753422.
Ms Sushmitha Suresh: 8137094341
Syeda Afshan: 9686690189
Shazia Shaikh: 9538392524
Moot Problem: click here
Rules and regulations: click here
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.