1st NUSRL-CLAP National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2016 on “Gender Equality in relation to Access to Worship Places” in order to strengthen the concept of “Justice for all.”
1st NUSRL- CLAP National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2016 seeks to address the issue of Gender Inequality faced in India.
The main objective of the Competition is to initiate a churning process for realizing and contextualizing the topic.
It endeavors to encourage and promote creative, logical thinking and knowledge about understanding the current issues faced by a large scale of society.
THEME FOR THE ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION
Gender Equality: Access to Worship Places.
Students of all streams, Legal/Corporate Professionals and Researchers.
1. Essays must not be longer than 5000 words. It must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words. The abstract will be used by the jury for pre-selection.
2. All submissions must be typewritten in Times New Roman, 12 Font Size, 1.5Line Spacing and Headings/Titles must be in Capital. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman Font size 10. The Footnotes used should follow a uniform and complete system of citation.
3. Quotes and references must be clearly marked throughout the essay (preferably in italics) and properly cited. Any method of citation can be followed but is required to be consistent throughout the text.
4. Submissions can only be made in Soft Copy in English. All soft copy submissions are to be electronically mailed to email@example.com
5. Entries will be accepted only in PDF format.
6. The identity of the author is not allowed to be indicated anywhere in the text. All submissions will be blind reviewed. References to specific individuals, firms, or schools, which might reveal the author’s identity are strongly discouraged and shall be liable to be disqualified.
7. Entries should be accompanied by a separate cover page containing details such as:
author/s name, mailing address, telephone, fax numbers, and e-mail address; name, address of the institution where the student is enrolled and year of study.
1st Prize: 2500 INR
2nd Prize: 1500 INR
3rd Prize: 500 INR
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Last date of submission is 3rd June, 2016. Any entry after the prescribed date shall not be entertained.
2. Participants should not submit more than one entry.
3. Co-authorship is allowed, but it should not be exceeding two participants.
4. All submissions must be original. No previously published material will be accepted. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
5. All essays received in the competition become the property of 1 st NUSRL- CLAP National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition, which reserves the right to publish the essays in any form electronic or print.
6. The participants by entering in the competition give NUSRL- CLAP the right to publicize the winning entries without any royalty or compensation.
7. The participants by entering in the competition agree to indemnify NUSRL- CLAP from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
8. Neither the Convener of 1st NUSRL- CLAP National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition nor the committee will be responsible for any condition beyond its control that may cause the competition to be interrupted.
9. The decision of the Jury shall be final and will not be subject to any appeal.
10. NUSRL- CLAP shall take no responsibility in any matter arising out of any dispute as regards the authenticity of the submitted work.
Last Date for Registration: June 1, 2013
Last Date for Essay Submission: 3rd June, 2016
Announcement of winners: 6th June, 2016
Registration Fees: 100 INR (per author)
MODE OF PAYMENT
Online Payment: Click HERE.
Note: Please mail your Payment ID along with soft copy submission of Essay.
1. Aman Srivastava
2. Anmol Deepak