The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal studies, Kochi announces its first CIPR National Essay Competition, 2015. It affords an opportunity to law students to express their views on the theme FRAND: India Perspective. The submissions are required to be on the following subtopics:
1. The Contemporary issues involving FRAND
2. The applicability of foreign decisions dealing with FRAND, to the India scenario
3. The economics and politics of FRAND and nexus to Law.
The Competition is open for LL.B. and LL.M. students currently studying law (full-time) in any of the recognised Law Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
1. The essay should be in English, with a word limit of 3000 – 5000 words. (Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10)
2. Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to immediate disqualification.
3. The essay should be accompanied with an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
4. Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
5. The cover page should include Name, Year of Study, Address, E-mail id, Contact number and Name of the author and also their College/University. In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors.
6. No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
7. The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author. Participants should send in a scanned copy of the Declaration Form along with the submission.
1st Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
2nd Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
3rd Prize: Rs. 2,000/-
There is no registration fee.
All the entries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st of May, 2015. The essays will be valued by a panel of experts and the decision of the organizers shall be final.
Click HERE to view this post on SpicyIP