Maharashtra NLU Nagpur is organizing its first National Moot Court Competition from July 29 to 31 through a virtual platform and is seeking registrations from law students across the nation.
About the University
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur was established by the Government of Maharashtra by way of enactment in 2014. It is a residential University engaged in promoting quality legal education and conducting cutting-edge research on thriving issues of law, social science, and humanities.
About the Competition
The Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur is organizing the first edition of National Moot Court Competition, 1st MNLU, Nagpur National Moot Court Competition, 2022 (MNLUN-NMCC). The competition shall seek the participation of various teams from different law schools all across the nation.
The theme of the Competition is an intersection between Constitutional Law and Technology law, which was chosen with an intention to stimulate discussion about the emerging area of law.
The problem concerns regulation of OTT platforms and the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court and the High Courts regarding conflict between free speech and the state’s interference with the regulation of the content created and being shared on such platforms.
The problem concerns with Constitution of India, Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021, and Cinematograph Act 1952.
- Participating members of the teams must be undergraduate students pursuing a three-year or five-year integrated law degree from any institution recognised by the BCI. Only one (1) team can register from a particular College or Institution for participating in the Competition.
- Students from different Colleges/Institutions are not allowed to form an Inter-College team.
A team shall consist of three (3) members, i.e., two speakers and one researcher. The roles of the participants shall be the same throughout the competition.
- All teams willing to participate in the Competition are required to register for the same via the online registration form as provided at the end of this post.
- Registering teams are required to pay a registration fee of INR 3,000/- via online bank transfer. The payment of the registration fee shall be made through the online payment gateway link which is provided here.
Prizes and Awards
- Winning Team: Cash prize of INR 21,000/- along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit
- Runners-Up Team: Cash prize of INR 15,000/- along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit
- Best Memorial: Cash prize of INR 7,000/- along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
- Best Speaker: Cash Prize of INR 7,000/- along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
- Best Researcher: The “Best Researcher” will be determined by the researchers’ test score and will be rewarded with INR 7,000/- along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
- E-Certificate of Merit shall be given to all the Teams qualifying for the Quarter Finals and Semi-Final Round.
- E-Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participating Teams.
The Competition will be held virtually via the online platform Cisco Webex.
Register on or before June 25, 2022 (11:59 PM IST).
- Last date for Provisional Registration: June 10, 2022
- Last date for Final Registration: June 25, 2022
- Last date for seeking Clarifications: June 29, 2022
- Declaration of Clarifications: July 2, 2022
- Last date for submission of Memorials: July 17, 2022
- Inauguration and Researchers’ Test: July 29, 2022
- Oral Rounds: July 30-31, 2022
- Click here to view the Moot Problem.
- Click here to view the Rulebook.
- Click here to view the Brochure.
In case of queries, contact:
- Anushka Awasthi (Co-Convenor): +91 74407 27399
- Avish Mittal: +91 96856 58118
- Ameya Garud: +91 98208 91405 (regarding registration)
- Rudraksh Pathak: +91 99814 83595 (regarding registration)