ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law is named after Sri Jagarlamudi Chandramouli, Advocate, former Member of Rajya Sabha, former Member of AP State Legislative Assembly, Educationalist and Philanthropist.
The College is sponsored by Nagarjuna Education Society, Guntur (Regd. No. 56 of 1967) and was inaugurated on 22-06-1991 by Hon’ble Justice (Retd.) S. Parvatha Rao the then Judge of High Court of A.P. and is affiliated to the Acharya Nagarjuna University, having the permission of Andhra Pradesh State Government and approval of affiliation of Bar Council of India (BCI).
ABOUT THE MOOT
Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law is organising its 1st National Moot Court Competition on 1st and 2nd of February, 2020.
Location: J.C. College of Law, JKC Nagar, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The Competition shall be open to bonafide students pursuing 3 years LL.B. Course or integrated 5-year LL.B. Course offered by a Law School/Affiliated Law College/University Department/ Center of Legal Education recognized by Bar Council of India.
Team Size and Information
Each participating team shall consist of three members i.e. Two Mooters and One Researcher. Due to an exigency, the Organizing College may allow a two-member team to participate in the Competition.
Only 32 teams shall be registered for the Competition on ‘first come first serve’ basis. The Organizing College shall reserve the right of registration. It may invite to the competition a School/College/Department/Centre that is not registered.
The registration form is here.
Teams shall register for the competition on or before 23:59 Hours December 15th, 2019
The registration fee of Rs. 1,500/- (One thousand Five hundred only) must be paid through NEFT payment mode.
The following are the details of the bank account for payment of the registration fee:
- Name: Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law, Guntur
- Account No: 110810011001014,
- IFSC Code: ANDB 0001108
- Bank Address: Andhra Bank, JKC College Branch, Guntur.
The Organizing College shall provide free board and lodging to the participating teams. Depending upon the travel plan of the participating teams’ accommodation shall be provided from the afternoon of 31st January to the afternoon of 3rd February 2020.
No accommodation shall be provided to the teams from nearby places.
- The Winning Team shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law President’s Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Runner-Up Team shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Secretary’s Trophy, Cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Memorial shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Principal’s Trophy, Cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Speaker shall get Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Staff Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit. Best Speaker shall be evaluated on the bases of performance in preliminary rounds.
- All the members of the teams that entered into Quarter-Final and Semi-Final shall be awarded Certificates of Appreciation of Merit.
- All the members of the other participating teams shall be awarded Certificates of Participation.
- Release of Moot Proposition: November 6th, 2019
- Commencement of Registration: November 11th, 2019
- Closure of Registration: December 15th, 2019
- Allotment of Team Codes: January 2nd, 2020
- Last date for submission of Soft Copy of Memorials: January 4th, 2020
- Last date for filing of Hard Copies of Memorials: January 12th, 2020
- Exchange of Memorials for Preliminary Rounds: January 27th, 2020
- Preliminary Rounds and Quarter Finals: February 1st, 2020
- Semi-Finals and Final Rounds: February 2nd, 2020
- Valedictory Ceremony and Prize Distribution: February 2nd, 2020
E-mail ID: jcclmootsociety[at]gmail.com
Faculty Coordinator: Ms. A. Bhanu Priya (bhanu.jcclgnt[at]gmail.com)
Ms. Maimuna Mubashira: +91 8790476537
Ms. M. Thanmai Krishna:+91 8897313144