About the Institution
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
Criminal Justice Practicum Cell (CJPC) is an applied learning programme for the youth to understand the depth of the criminal justice system through real-world experience. It is an essential first step in entering the world which will help the students to enhance skills and refine their career goals and plans.
About the National Online Quiz Competition
CJPC is a dedicated cell striving knowledge and excellence among students by stimulating their minds with academic and non-academic competitions. Quiz competitions are very important for achieving and clearing the competitive exams and making one more aware of the knowledge one possesses.
This time CJPC brings you with all-new 1st Edition of its Criminal Law dealing with the Indian Evidence Act, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, the POCSO Act and Penology and Victimology. This is the 3rd Quiz Event being conducted by the CJPC. The CJPC is organising this online edition of quiz with a very nominal registration fee with exiting cash prizes and much more.
The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
The Bank details to pay the registration fee for quiz competition is as follows:
- Account Number: 919781520216
- Bank: Paytm Payments Bank Ltd
- Branch: Noida Branch
- IFSC Code: PYTM0123456
- Branch Code: 123456
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via Google Pay/Paytm (Bank Only) at 9781520216
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via UPI could be made at: UPI ID: vagoyal981@oksbi
The Pattern of the Quiz
The quiz will consist of questions from the following topics:
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC)
- Indian Evidence Act (IEA)
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act
- Penology & Victimology
Mode of Play
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed by the CJPC for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be send in the confirmation mail by the CJPC, once the participant successfully pays the money and submits the registration form for the same.
- The registered candidate will be mailed a confirmation mail containing the link of WhatsApp group accessing to which, the participant can be added to the group.
- The results for the Quiz will be declared on the WhatsApp Group so made for the purpose, official Instagram handle of CJPC and official Facebook handle of CJPC.
- CJPC will not be responsible for any technical error in paying the registration fee for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
- Release of Registration Form: July 06, 2020 (midnight): Monday
- Last Date of Registration: July 25, 2020 (Till noon): Saturday
- Date of Competition: July 26, 2020 (11:30 A.M.- 12:00 Noon): Sunday
- Result Declaration: July 26, 2020 (evening): Sunday
- Receiving of Certificates: August 03, 2020 (Till noon): Monday
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1100 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 700 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The next top 5 rank holders will get the Certificate of Eminence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 15 rank holders will get the Certificate of Excellence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 25 rank holders will get the Certificate of Recognition (E- Certificate).
- The next top 50 rank holders will get the Certificate of Appreciation (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Kindly forward your queries (if any) at queriescjpc[at]gmail.com.
- Japsehaj Singh (President): 9915323500
- Dheerja (Convenor): 7009465401
- Tanya Singla (Co-Convenor): 8699301897
In case of any query related to payment, registration or quiz, feel free to contact:
Vaibhav Goyal (Committee Head for Quiz): 9781520216
1st National Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.