The UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing their 1st International UILS Negotiation Competition which will be held in virtual mode from 10th to 14th of November, 2021.
About the Organiser
University Institute of Legal Studies has emerged as one of the premier legal institutions of India, which embodies a blend of tradition and modernity in its principles and values. The mission of the institute is to equip its pupils with the skills to comprehend and diagnose the intricacies of legal problems through analysis and reasoning.
About the Competition
The International UILS Negotiation Competition is being organized by the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, UILS, to impart negotiation skills amongst budding lawyers. Negotiation is a necessary skill of observing the opponent and reaching a solution in an amicable way to secure a win-win situation.
UILS is looking forward to seeing participants from across the globe and grant them an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of alternate dispute resolution and honing their communication skills, which is one of the important attributes of a good lawyer.
For the registration form, click on the link given at the end of this post.
- The Registration for the competition shall be done strictly on a first come-first serve basis.
- There is a participation limit of 36 teams for this competition. Once, the cap of 36 teams is filled, the registrations for the competition shall be closed.
- Participants must fill the registration form using theregistration link provided.
- After filling in the necessary details in the form, the participants will be sent an e-mail on their registered e-mail IDs with a payment link to finish the process of their registration.
- Indian Teams: Rs.2000
- International Teams: $15
The participants should be enrolled in a full-time law degree on September 1 of the year of the Competition at the university which has been selected to participate in the competition.
- There will be a total number of 36 teams that will participate in the competition.
- Each team shall comprise of 2 members only.
- Each team shall consist of 1 counsel and 1 client.
- October 10, 2021: Registration opening date
- October 25, 2021: Registration closing date
- November 7, 2021: Submission of Negotiation Plans
- November 10, 2021: Training Session and Opening Ceremony
- November 11, 2021: Preliminary Round 1
- November 12, 2021: Preliminary Round 2
- November 13, 2021: Octa-Finals and Semi-Finals
- November 14, 2021: Final Round and Closing Ceremony
Click here for the rules of the competition.
- Best Negotiating Pair: The winning team shall be provided with a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/- along with certificate of appreciation.
- 2nd Best Negotiating Pair: The second best negotiating pair shall be provided with a cash prize of Rs. 30,000/- along with certificate of appreciation.
- Best Negotiating Pair in Prelims: The best negotiating pair in prelims shall be provided with a cash prize of Rs. 15,000/- along with certificate of appreciation.
- Best Negotiating Plan: The best negotiation plan in prelims shall be provided with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- along with certificate of appreciation.
- ECI Spirit of the Competition Award: To be awarded to the team which best represents the spirit negotiation during the course of the competition with an internship opportunity.
- Certificate of Participation: To be awarded to each member of all Participating Teams
Dr. Sabina Salim – Faculty Coordinator (Asst. Professor, UILS, PU Chd.): +91-9814958419
- Ishaan Loomba: President, ADR-CCL Board, UILS
Contact Number: +91-9814717456
- Abhishek Bindal: Convener, ADR-CCL Board, UILS
Contact Number: +91-8360239715
- Srishti Sharma: Co-Convener, ADR-CCL Board, UILS
Contact Number: +91-9617168442
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.