About the Organisers
ILS Law College, or in its full name Indian Law Society’s Law College, is a government law school in Pune, India. It was established in 1924 and offers courses that include three-year and five-year degrees. ILS is located on Law College Road, Pune.
The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies was established in 1991. The Institute was launched on 4th March 1991 at the hands of Late Shri. G.G. Karnik, the then Vice-President of the Indian Law Society. Professor S.P. Sathe, the former Principal of the ILS College was the founder Director of the Institute.
Gaggar and Partners is a full-service law firm, having the principal office in New Delhi.
About the Competition
The Competition Law Cell of ILS Pune is organizing its 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2019 in collaboration with the esteemed law firm, Gaggar and Partners, Delhi.
This is a one of a kind opportunity for students interested in this niche area of law to not only broaden their knowledge about the law but also grab lucrative cash prizes and an internship with Gaggar and Partners.
The deadline for the same is extended to 7th November 2019.
The competition is open to all students enrolled in an undergraduate program both 5-year integrated program or 3-year law program or postgraduate law degree from any recognized university/college/Institution in India.
- All essays must be submitted in English Language only.
- Word Limit- 3000 words (Exclusive of Footnotes & Abstract).
- Abstract – Not exceeding 250 words.
- Body-Font Style- Times New Roman, Size– 12 and Line Spacing– 1.5, Alignment– Justified.
- Citation Format – Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition.
- Footnotes –Font Style –Times New Roman, Size– 10, Line Spacing– 1, Alignment– Justified.
- Page Margin – 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Essay must be submitted only in a Word Doc.(doc./docx.) format.
- For maintaining anonymity, the name of the author/institution should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- All essays must be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to outright disqualification.
- Essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- 1st Prize: Cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Five thousand rupees), Certificate of merit & and an Internship opportunity with Gaggar and Partners.
- 2nd Prize: Cash prize of INR 3,000/- (Three thousand rupees) & Certificate of merit.
- 3rd Prize: Cash prize of INR 2,000/- (Two thousand rupees) & Certificate of merit.
All the participants in the competition will be awarded a certificate of participation.
Ashna Chhabra, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile: 91+9811799637
Vivek Sharma, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile: 91+8898604285
Soham Bhalerao, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile: 91+8888735579