Details about the Moot Court Competition
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is organising its 1st HPNLU National Virtual MootCourt Competition.
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla is a premier Law University in India established by the Himachal Pradesh National Law University Act, 2016 (16 of 2016).
The National Moot Court Competition is an endeavour to offer law students an opportunity to develop skills which are crucial for growing into a successful lawyer and to expose them to the developing frontiers of law which shall help them to develop holistically.
With this objective, they are delighted to invite your esteemed institution to the 1st HPNLU National Moot Court Competition scheduled from November 28-29, 2020 at Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla via online mode.
Eligibility and Team Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bonafide law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree programme in any recognized institution/University in India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each participating institution.
- A maximum of three members and minimum two members are allowed per participating team. In a team consisting of three members, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’. Provided if a team consists of two members then such team shall designate both the members as speakers and no member in the team shall be allowed to be represented as a Researcher.
- Teams will be selected on the basis of screening of memorials which will be selected by an expert team.
To register for moot court competition, click here.
Allotment of Team Code: Every team which has successfully completed the Registration requisites under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code. Once the Code is allotted, every team must use only the team code for any further communication with the Organizers during the course of the competition.
Change in Team Composition: Any change in team composition must be intimated to the Organizers at the earliest. Any change must be accompanied with a freshly filled registration form and an authority letter duly signed by the head of the institution.
Registration Fees: The participating team is required to pay INR 1,000/- as registration fee. The fee should be paid by clicking on the link here: https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Notification of Competition & Release of Moot Proposition: 12th October 2020
- Last date of Registration: 28th October 2020
- Last date for seeking Clarifications: 30th October 2020
- Release of Clarifications & Team Codes: 2nd November 2020
- Last date for submission of soft copies of Memorials: 12th November 2020
- Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorial: 27th November 2020 (Evening)
- Inauguration: 28th November 2020
- Preliminary: 28th November 2020
- Quarter-Final Rounds & Semi-Final: 29th November 2020
- Final Round & Valedictory: 29th November 2020
All clarifications and queries regarding the Moot Proposition and Rules & Regulations shall be sought only via e-mail to: mcc[at]hpnlu.ac.in.
You might be interested in the following:
Online Certificate Course by Lawctopus: ‘Litigation Basics: Reading Case Files, Making Court Briefs’ [Nov 5-25]
Law school unfortunately teaches us very little about the skills we need to practice in courts.
When you join a law office for the first time as an intern or a junior associate, it is natural to feel lost and unable to understand what’s expected of you.
Your seniors or even colleagues will not have the bandwidth to train you or explain the intricacies of the practice before assigning you complex tasks, given their unending workload.
This course is designed to equip you with the necessary skill-set to become a resource at your workplace by making a good impression on any litigation lawyer or a law firm and while arguing in Court.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.