Himmat is inviting submissions for the first Essay Writing Competition on Anti-Sexual Harassment Law from students currently pursuing law degrees.
Himmat, a safe college space initiative aims to equip survivors to file Internal Committee complaints and help make college a secure and comfortable space for all. Himmat’s panel of consultants comprises advocates, lawyers, and trained members of Internal Committees.
The organization aims to help every survivor understand the law, weigh their options and assist them in the best possible capacity.
About the Essay Competition
Himmat is proud to announce the 1st edition of its Essay Writing Competition in collaboration with Khaitan & Co. The competition is focused on topics around sexual harassment law and its interplay with other laws.
About Khaitan & Co.
Khaitan & Co is a leading full-service legal company with over 750 fee earners and consultants, including 170 partners and directors, and is one of India’s oldest firms.
Students must be currently pursuing a 3 or 5-year LLB Course in order to participate in the essay competition.
The competition is based on the field of anti-sexual harassment law in India with the aim of giving students the chance to demonstrate their research abilities, thinking, and drafting abilities in a concise and well-connected manner. The topics for the competition are as follows:
- The first topic for the competition is “The overlap of Anti-Sexual Harassment Law and advancements in Technology”
- Analyzing the Inclusion of Queer Identities in Indian Anti-Sexual Harassment Law
- Tracing the Recognition of the Disabled Community in Anti-Sexual Harassment Law: A Cross-Jurisdictional Analysis.
- To participate, you must choose any one of the above-given topics
- Submit an essay with a word limit is 2000-3000 words(exclusive of footnotes)
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different university/ institution is allowed.
- Multiple entries by the same author are not allowed.
- The essay must be in Garamond format with font 12 and 1.15 line spacing. All submissions must be original and unpublished. Plagiarism shall be scrutinized strictly.
- The entries will then be reviewed by a selected which will declare the results at an offline panel discussion on August 6, 2022 at NUJS, Kolkata with representatives from Khaitan & Co.
- The submission shall be made in doc or docx. format.
- Himmat reserves all rights to modify, postpone or defer the Essay Competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
- Khaitan & Co. reserves all rights to determine the office, dates, and team under which the internship is granted.
- All final guidelines and rules will be available on the Himmat Website. Please refer to the same in case of any doubts
- 1st prize: INR 7000 along with an internship opportunity with Khaitan & Co.
- 2nd prize: INR 5000
- 3rd prize: INR 3000
How to Submit?
- Registrations firstly shall be made at the link given at the end of this post.
- The submission shall be mailed to the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org by the stipulated deadline.
- Register by11:59 PM, July 1, 2022.
- Submit by 11:59 PM, July 20, 2022.